We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How busy in Cannon Beach the end of April?

Seattle, WA
Level Contributor
194 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
How busy in Cannon Beach the end of April?

Hi, my husband and I will be in Cannon Beach the last weekend of April. I know it won't be nearly as busy as in the summer, but what can we expect? I see that there will be Earth Day events with a street fair on Saturday. We have lodging reservations, and I've made reservations for dinner during our stay at Stephanie Inn and Newman's at 988. I'm assuming that we can just walk into the more casual places without a reservation, is that correct? Thanks for any help.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
2,456 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How busy in Cannon Beach the end of April?

I dont think it will be that busy, but this time of year it depends on if its a sunny day or not!! I think you could safely assume you could walk into dining places without a reservation- and only have to wait a little.

Level Contributor
35,916 posts
904 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How busy in Cannon Beach the end of April?

That should be fine, you have made some wonderful choices with Newman's and Stephanie Inn. Mo's in Cannon Beach is a choice for a casual meal with views of Haystack Rock. You may have a short wait there on the weekend. We were just in Cannon Beach yesterday, it was very quiet and hardly anyone on the beach, either. www.cannon-beach.net is a nice website for the area.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: How busy in Cannon Beach the end of April?

One place you would need a lunch reservation is at EVOO: http://www.evoo.biz/ . Check out their "Class Schedule". My wife and I actually prefer meals over dinners at Stephanie Inn. Presentation isn't quite as nice, but none of the pretense and show, and food every bit as good (maybe better).

Seattle, WA
Level Contributor
194 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How busy in Cannon Beach the end of April?

Thanks, Mistletoe, for your EVOO suggestion. I did actually call them to see about attending one of their dinners while we're in town, but they were already full. It appears that EVOO is a big success. It doesn't look as if they offer lunch; however, they do have a culinary store, so we may stop by to check that out.

Thanks for all the helpful responses.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: How busy in Cannon Beach the end of April?

Well, it's not really lunch, but EVOO does have a Wine & Cheese and Tapas tasting on Saturday, May 1: www.evoo.biz/celebrating-spring-unveiling… . Maybe that's sold out too?

Seattle, WA
Level Contributor
194 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How busy in Cannon Beach the end of April?

Unfortunately, we won't be visiting Cannon Beach that weekend (May 1st). We're coming the previous weekend to celebrate our anniversary. I guess we're just going to have to come back for an EVOO experience :-) Thanks for the heads up about the wine and tapa tasting, though.

Seattle, WA
Level Contributor
194 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How busy in Cannon Beach the end of April?

We are back from our long weekend in Cannon Beach. Things were not frantically busy, but they were reasonably busy. Traffic to/from the Seattle area was a breeze. The weather turned out to be pretty good, with almost no wind on Saturday and Sunday (wow!) There were the various Earth Day events and Welcome Back to the Tufted Puffins events (or something like that). So all that affected the number of visitors. Plus of course, it's Cannon Beach. Everybody goes there sooner or later, right? ;-)

We didn't have any lines or waits at either Mo's at Tovolana Beach for lunch on Saturday or the Wayfarer for Sunday breakfast. However, I'm glad we made dinner reservations at Newman's at 988, the Nehalem River Inn, and the Stephanie Inn restaurant. We could have gotten in with a short to moderate wait at any of those places, except the Stephanie Inn, which I believe requires reservations to get in as they have fixed seatings. We ate at the Stephanie Inn on Sunday evening for our anniversary, and there were only about six or seven occupied tables.

I have no desire to visit Cannon Beach in July or August. This time of year is just perfect! Early fall would be another good option. Gotta go back and experience EVOO!

Thanks for all the advice and recommendations!

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
43,012 posts
1,068 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How busy in Cannon Beach the end of April?

Glad you had a good time and thanks for the trip report.

>> I have no desire to visit Cannon Beach in July or August. <<

LOL, I know exactly what you mean ;-)

Level Contributor
35,916 posts
904 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How busy in Cannon Beach the end of April?

I'm glad you enjoyed Cannon Beach, we're on our way over there right now for lunch and some Mother's Day shopping. :)

10. Re: How busy in Cannon Beach the end of April?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2010, 07:23