We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Budget Hotel

Which Cannon Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kirkland, WA
Level Contributor
106 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
Budget Hotel

Hello. My boyfriend and I are looking for a decent budget hotel in/near Cannon Beach. We are just going to be at the hotel to sleep so we're fine with something basic - just as long as the room is clean, quiet and has its own bathroom. It will just be for one night, (June 19th.) Hoping for something around $80 a night or less. We will have a car so location isn't a huge deal. Thanks in advance for your help!

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Budget Hotel

I think you've got too many things working against you here: bumping up against high season, a weekend night, and probably the most popular town on the entire Oregon coast. I looked at a few of the budget places I'm aware of and didn't see anything with rates under $130. You might have better luck if you're willing to settle for Seaside or Astoria, but even then, I'm not sure.

Wish I could be more encouraging. Love your profile photo though; yikes!!

oregon coast
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Budget Hotel

Only place I know of is in Oceanside- Oceanfront Cabins- about 1.5 hours south of Cannon Beach. Incredible views and clean, some even with kitchens.

Level Contributor
35,025 posts
898 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Budget Hotel

In Seaside where I am there is Tides by the Sea or Lanai at the Cove. Both of these places are right by the ocean and have heated swimming pools. I have also seen the Hi-Tide and the Ebb-Tide rates in your budget, these places are right on the promenade in Seaside. www.seasideor.com

Enjoy your time at the beach! :)

Level Contributor
35,025 posts
898 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Budget Hotel

There is also Microtel and Sandy Cove Inn on Ave U. Microtel does have availability for $79/night. You will be right next door to one of our favorite restaurants in Seaside, Bigfoot Steakhouse. There is also a Motel 6 on the other side of Bigfoot. :)

Oregon
Level Contributor
1,708 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Budget Hotel

Maybe try Manzanita which is about 20 minutes south of Cannon Beach.

Sunset Surf Motel - www.sunsetsurfocean.com

248 Ocean Road, Manzanita - (503) 368-5224

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,888 posts
1,049 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Budget Hotel

The Lanai & Tides in Seaside are both $90+ in summer.

Sunset Surf in Manzanita has their older rooms in your price range and they have a good location across a quiet street from the beach. Plus, they have a 10% off coupon on their website :-)

Beaverton, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Cannon Beach
Level Contributor
6,069 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Budget Hotel

you might also want to check mcbees cottages 800-238-4107

Kirkland, WA
Level Contributor
106 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Budget Hotel

Awesome, thanks everyone! Appreciate your help :)

Poulsbo, Washington
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park
Level Contributor
8,844 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Budget Hotel

My brother used to live in Cannon Beach 30 years ago so I used to visit often, but now head further south. We did stay one night on our way south in one of the cabins at the Sea Horse Resort in one of their cabins. I'm pretty sure they had bathrooms as it is also an RV and campground. I didn't want to spend a lot of money for just one night so we checked them out. They really are not bad if you want to stay right in Cannon Beach. The cabins are a little separate from the RV's. No offense to people in Seaside, but I would not stay there. I generally never stay in public campgrounds so I was kind of surprised. Anyway another suggestion.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,888 posts
1,049 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Budget Hotel

That's the other one I was trying to remember, lougee ;-) I looked up the old Blue Gull motel and it has been all renovated and is $125 up in the summer.

Good idea, glacier meadows, the Sea Ranch Resort. The cabins are $85, but do *not* come equipped with bedding or kitchen supplies. They do have bathrooms and small kitchens, and cute bunnies wandering around!