We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coast Lodging

Which Cannon Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Jonesboro, Arkansas
Level Contributor
42 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Coast Lodging

I am wanting to stay in Cannon Beach, but want a reasonable price. (I don't really want to go over $139 a night) We could stay somewhere north or south of there. I would like a clean comfortable place for my 18 and 19 year old sons and myself. Any suggestions?

Nanaimo, Canada
Destination Expert
for Nanaimo, Vancouver Island
Level Contributor
5,143 posts
392 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coast Lodging

When are you thinking of staying? The time of year, obviously, will play a large part in the pricing.

If it is the summer time, I would be hard pressed to think of a place in that price range. For Cannon Beach, in our experience, that is a discounted winter (ie Jan or Feb) price.

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
10,724 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coast Lodging

Schooners Cove has rates starting at $139 a night. When are you coming? Most places in CB have a 2 or 3 night minimum stay in the summer, so not sure if that fits into your plans or not.

Level Contributor
34,191 posts
884 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Coast Lodging

Check out Ecola Creek Lodge in Cannon Beach, in Seaside, about ten minutes away, consider Tides by the Sea or Lanai @ The Cove, both of these places have beautiful views of the ocean. Have fun! :)

Edited: 16 May 2010, 16:40
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Coast Lodging

I've not stayed there, but a couple forum regulars often recommend the Sunset Surf in Manzanita. Just across the road from the beach. Cute little town too.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
2,220 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Coast Lodging

Manzanita(and the sunset surf) is a great choice for 'regular' folks who can't stomach paying some of the exorbantant(in my opinion) prices for Cannon Beach lodgings. The town is a bit more low key, but the scenery and beach is just as nice as Cannon Beach. The Sunset surf is an older motel, but it is clean and comfortable. It is where I stay when I go to Manzanita... And it is an easy drive to Cannon Beach.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,729 posts
1,024 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Coast Lodging

Agree 100% Chinookgrrl :-)

Ecola Creek Lodge is about $160 every day in July and August, and other summer months on weekends.

Beaverton, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Cannon Beach
Level Contributor
6,031 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Coast Lodging

mistletoe

I've not stayed there, but a couple forum regulars often recommend the Sunset Surf in Manzanita. Just across the road from the beach. Cute little town too>>

we stay there all the time -- we always stay on the first floor of the budd building -there is also an online discount coupon- you are only about 20 min south of cannon beach.

Level Contributor
129 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Coast Lodging

Schooner's Cove Inn is wonderful. It's clean, quiet and we won't stay anywhere else in Cannon Beach. You are 1/2 block from the center of town and just across the parking lot from Lazy Susan Cafe. You sit on your deck and look directly at the ocean....nothing in between...What more could you ask for?

Schooner's Cove does not allow pets so if you have one you will have to mozy down the beach a bit to another hotel. If you like peace and quiet (except for the sound of the waves almost right at your door) you can't beat staying there. Enjoy your holiday!

Lainie

9. Re: Coast Lodging

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 November 2010, 05:16