We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

50th Wedding Anniversary Planning in Cannon Beach

Which Cannon Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Tigard, Oregon
1 post
Save Topic
50th Wedding Anniversary Planning in Cannon Beach

Help! It's my parents 50th wedding anniversary next June and their favorite place is Cannon Beach. Any ideas where we could host a gathering of approximately 50 people that's low cost? We would also need lodging as well. Any ideas?

Beaverton, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Cannon Beach
Level Contributor
6,065 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 50th Wedding Anniversary Planning in Cannon Beach

i would think you could get a deal on rooms from either the hallmark resort-surfsand or tolovana inn

Florence, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Oregon Coast
Level Contributor
6,013 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 50th Wedding Anniversary Planning in Cannon Beach

For my parent's 50th several years ago, about 30 of us gathered at Dooger's and it was great. They do not take individual reservations, but by calling several weeks ahead, we were able to secure a back corner where we were seated by ourselves. We ordered from the menu and the manditory gratuity was 18%. Our total bill came to less than $400!

Edited: 02 June 2010, 15:40
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 50th Wedding Anniversary Planning in Cannon Beach

I know the Surfsand Resort has space large enough to accommodate groups that size, but I expect it would be on the high end cost-wise. Room rates there certainly are.

Maybe you could do a deal with the Christian Conference Center: http://www.cbcc.net/we_are.htm . Just the name implies there's a large enough room there, and they also own Ecola Creek Lodge, a nice, reasonably priced motel.

Nanaimo, Canada
Destination Expert
for Nanaimo, Vancouver Island
Level Contributor
5,179 posts
420 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 50th Wedding Anniversary Planning in Cannon Beach

If you want affordable then I agree the Christian Conference Centre is probably your best bet.

Or you might try the Sea Sprite Retreat. Have a look at seasprite.com/accommodations/seasprite-retre… Set up for 15 to sleep and countless to attend this might be the right spot. Not on the water though.

Oregon
Level Contributor
8,735 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 50th Wedding Anniversary Planning in Cannon Beach

I assume you have checked with your parents. We do not want our kids surprising us on our 50th. we want very low profile.

Florence, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Oregon Coast
Level Contributor
6,013 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 50th Wedding Anniversary Planning in Cannon Beach

LOL phirl!!! My parents were the same way! The ABSOLUTE maximum they would allow is for the kids and grandkids to buy them dinner, and even that took a little arm twisting!!

Oregon
Level Contributor
8,735 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 50th Wedding Anniversary Planning in Cannon Beach

My wife and I celebrate 50 in August. and when you reach this point in your life, relatives and friends are also reaching their 50th.

Been interesting to see the way people celebrate. Of people we know most do it with family, some also add a small informal gathering with friends,

My cousin, more like a sister, and her husband went to the mountains by themselves and they have a big family. I was in their wedding party, but their 50th passed by me till she told me later.

And a few have an organized celebration with friends and relatives, former coworkers etc. I enjoy going to those, but not what we plan, or want. .

But it is time for our kids to take us for dinner.

Auburn WA
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: 50th Wedding Anniversary Planning in Cannon Beach

Try Morris' Fireside Restaurant.

www.morrisfireside.com

They have an event/meeting room - not sure what the capacity is - but I think there were around 50 people when I attending a wedding reception there.

Oregon
Level Contributor
8,735 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 50th Wedding Anniversary Planning in Cannon Beach

Well, yesterday was our 50th. Our Forest Servie retirees picnic as yesterday. we took our wedding picture. 100 plus friends were there,

We hope for family celebration soon.

10. Re: 50th Wedding Anniversary Planning in Cannon Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 February 2011, 05:15