We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

November weekend no Reservations

oklahoma
Level Contributor
70 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
November weekend no Reservations

Hi,

We will be on the coast next week, Thursday at Stephanie Inn in Cannon Beach no reservations for Friday or Saturday. Thinking of winging it for the rest of the trip. Will we be able to find good rooms without reservations??

1. Re: November weekend no Reservations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 12 November 2010, 15:42
Edited: 12 November 2010, 15:42
Beaverton, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Cannon Beach
Level Contributor
6,196 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: November weekend no Reservations

there are a bunch of hotels/motels listed to the left of this post -- its always best to have a reservation -- lands end will be a step down from stephanie inn but you can get a nice room oceanfront for a lot less

just make sure you pick one that is right on the beach so you get that view-- if you are not on the beach you might as well be in oklahoma

Edited: 12 November 2010, 16:03
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: November weekend no Reservations

Thinking it might be a problem for you on a weekend, I just checked a couple places in Cannon Beach that I expected would be booked up. Plenty of availability at all of 'em. And if there's availability in Cannon Beach, chances are good you'll be able to find rooms in pretty much any other beach town.

oklahoma
Level Contributor
70 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: November weekend no Reservations

Thanks so much! Hoping we can move around or stay put, whatever we feel like doing. Looking forward to some relaxing coast time. Woohoo, getting my ocean fix!

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
43,337 posts
1,081 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: November weekend no Reservations

Although I've not stayed there, I understand the Stephanie Inn is "upper crust" and extremely nice. Bear in mind that there are not many other hotels on the coast that are in that category. Probably the Cannery Pier in Astoria and maybe the Overleaf in Yachats; plus maybe the Tu Tu Tun 8 miles inland from Gold Beach on the southern coast.

Cannon Beach is the most upscale town on the coast, so your chances of finding "good rooms" is best there :-)

oklahoma
Level Contributor
70 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: November weekend no Reservations

Thanks for the advice. We have been to the coast many times and usually don't splurge like we plan to this week. We have never stayed in Cannon Beach before, usually Oceanside and Yachats. Our favorite place is Ocean Haven in Yachats. Usually we spend lots of time on the beach but hubby has a blown out knee (surgery set for Thanksgiving week) and he is hoping for a great view fireplace and lots of wine and great seafood.

Level Contributor
36,926 posts
946 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: November weekend no Reservations

Let us know how you like The Stephanie Inn, it's a beautiful property, try to have meal at the restaurant there. Other great places to dine in the area: Irish Table (chef used to work at SI) Bistro, Wayfarer, and Pizza A Feta in downtown Cannon Beach. In nearby Seaside, check out Yummy Wine Bar for some excellent food and wine. Enjoy the coast! :)

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: November weekend no Reservations

I've stayed in all four of the places you mentioned, half-Brit. Tu Tu'Tun comes close to Stephanie Inn, but it would be a long ways for kimmieokc. The one other place that I think would be close (at least in terms of upper-crusty luxury) would be Whale Cove Inn near Depoe Bay: http://www.whalecoveinn.com/ . Haven't stayed there, but wandered in a year or so ago; the place just oozes class (read that however you will).

Edited: 13 November 2010, 18:39
Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
43,337 posts
1,081 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: November weekend no Reservations

Oh I agree, Whale Cove Inn is "a beautiful property", mistletoe, as others say about some places. Hmmm, that may be interpreted to mean I have looked at it from the outside . . . which I have . . . LOL ;-)

oklahoma
Level Contributor
70 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: November weekend no Reservations

OK, I changed my mind and booked a second night at Stephanie Inn. We will see what happens Saturday night. Maybe Oceanside or Astoria. Also booked Stephanie for dinner Thursday. To even out all of this classy luxury, dive bar and fish and chips reccomendations along that part of the coast would be appreciated.