We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Most luxurious hotel on the oregon coast?

Vancouver
Level Contributor
80 posts
6 reviews
Most luxurious hotel on the oregon coast?

As a special treat we want to stay in a lovely hotel/Inn on the Oregon coast. We like to beach walk and watch the waves roll in. Any suggestions?

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
44,473 posts
1,111 reviews
1. Re: Most luxurious hotel on the oregon coast?

Stephanie Inn, Cannon Beach.

Eugene, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Eugene, Springfield
Level Contributor
9,937 posts
200 reviews
2. Re: Most luxurious hotel on the oregon coast?

http://tututun.com/

Both the Stephanie Inn and Tu Tu Tun Lodge (in Gold Beach) are beyond my budget, pending a winning lottery ticket. Tu Tu Tun Lodge has usually been the highest rated hotel/lodge in Oregon...the only 4 star (or was it 5 star?) location in the state. Located on the Rogue River, a few miles up from the town of Gold Beach, it offers a totally different environment and experience than the Stephanie Inn.

Maybe, someday, I'll be able to tell you about these locations first hand.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
44,473 posts
1,111 reviews
3. Re: Most luxurious hotel on the oregon coast?

But the Tu Tu Tun is inland about 8 miles :-(

>> beyond my budget, pending a winning lottery ticket. <<

LOL me too but if we won the lottery I still wouldn't pay $250+ for a room. For one night.

Unless it was a very BIG lottery ;-)

Should add . . . two more hotels that are very upscale are the Cannery Pier in Astoria and the Whale Cove Inn at Depoe Bay. The former is in the Columbia River and the latter is on a cliff with no beach.

There are a number of nice hotels perhaps one level below this group and also several luxurious B&Bs.

Beaverton, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Cannon Beach
Level Contributor
6,279 posts
84 reviews
4. Re: Most luxurious hotel on the oregon coast?

stephanie inn

Level Contributor
39,069 posts
1,014 reviews
5. Re: Most luxurious hotel on the oregon coast?

If you want to be oceanfront, The Stephanie Inn is amazing! It is in a beautiful setting and they have an awesome restaurant there where we have dined several times. Our last meal there was in September and it was spectacular. There is a very nice spa there, also.

The Cannery Pier Hotel is in Astoria, about 30 minutes from Cannon Beach. It sits over the beautiful Columbia River. My in-laws recently spent 2 nights there and loved it. They have beautiful rooms, a spa, small fitness center and a cool town car that you can use to go to dinner. One of our favorite restaurants in Astoria, The Bridgewater Bistro is just steps away from The Cannery Pier Hotel. www.oldoregon.com

Enjoy your time on the coast and let us know where you decide to stay! :)

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
3,568 posts
49 reviews
6. Re: Most luxurious hotel on the oregon coast?

I've stayed at Stephanie Inn, TuTu'Tun, and Cannery Pier Hotel, and walked through Whale Cove Inn; my thought is that Stephanie Inn and Whale Cove Inn are a cut above the other two. But as was said, Whale Cove isn't on the beach, so Stephanie Inn probably best fits what you're looking for. If view and setting trump luxury, I might go with Overleaf Lodge in Yachats.

Green Valley...
Level Contributor
18,029 posts
65 reviews
7. Re: Most luxurious hotel on the oregon coast?

I, too, was thinking of Overleaf or Fireside and, for the latter, an ocean front, not view, room. A nice motel, not luxury, but you can dine luxuriously at the Drift Inn, also in Yachats. (Did I say that?) Seriously, decent food, relaxed atmosphere. Fantastically beautiful area, see below. Nice path on the short bluff in front of the motels and short, but fascinating walks, at Cape Perpetua.

Yachats/Cape Perpetua

fs.fed.us/r6/…

Sister lodgings, Fireside Motel and Overleaf Lodge, both are on this website:

http://www.firesidemotel.com/Fireside_Motel/

Yachats, OR (La Di Da)

http://www.el.com/to/yachats/

Edited: 01 January 2012, 17:29
Oregon
Level Contributor
1,709 posts
70 reviews
8. Re: Most luxurious hotel on the oregon coast?

Sigh someday I will stay at Stephanie Inn.

In the meantime, we stay at medium priced hotels on the coast such as Sunset Hotel in Bandon, Ebbtide in Seasidet, etc....which all over wonderful views.

Newberg, Oregon
Level Contributor
6,212 posts
389 reviews
9. Re: Most luxurious hotel on the oregon coast?

Whale Cove Inn just south of Depoe Bay is by far the Coast's luxury leader. Rooms star at $299 per night, but accomodations are "Trump-worthy' -- private hot tub on private deck. And the inn is also home to Restaurant Beck, perhaps the finest, most creative dining on the Coast, maybe all of Oregon! No beach, for sure, but you're maybe a 5-10 minute drive south to a wide sandy beach just north of Newport. About the same distance to the beaches between Depoe Bay and Gleneden to the north. Picnic facilities also available at the beaches.

Longview, Washington
Destination Expert
for Mount Rainier National Park
Level Contributor
2,590 posts
139 reviews
10. Re: Most luxurious hotel on the oregon coast?

I've not stayed that Stephanie Inn, but that would seem to fit your criteria. (It's way beyond my budget - or at least what I'm willing to pay for a place to sleep).

I have to agree with syrahgirl :-) Cannery Pier Hotel in Astoria is great, but it's not on the ocean.

I love Overleaf Lodge -(DH had trouble sleeping there, it was so noisy with the surf breaking on the rocks) but what a great view. And, voyaging, I liked the Drift Inn too. Had live music the night we were there.

I thought Tu Tu Tun was way overrated. It was like looking out into my backyard, except for the river. I guess if you live in a big city, the grass and trees and peaceful atmosphere would be a nice change, but for me it was just O.K.

BTW, we stayed at all these places in either November or February when the rates went down.