We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Two days in July, hotel on the beach

New York
Level Contributor
118 posts
Save Topic
Two days in July, hotel on the beach

I tried to get a two night stay at the Surfsand in July but they have a three day minimum stay. What do you recomend for my 2nd choice? Would like a hotel on the beach for less than 250.00 per night.

New York
Level Contributor
118 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Two days in July, hotel on the beach

We are two middle aged couples. I actual need two rooms for two days. We will be touring the cost of Oregon from Seattle after a cruise to Hawaii. I'm really looking forward to Cannon Beach since I hear it's just beautiful.

Beaverton, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Cannon Beach
Level Contributor
6,201 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Two days in July, hotel on the beach

You'll want to be on the beach, so I think that would be my choice too. But you should know that The Hallmark sits on a bluff above the beach; it has steps down to it, though. Lands End is okay too, but it sits at the downtown's main access to the beach, and I prefer a location a bit more away from the center of the action.>>

we stay at lands end all the time and we have never had a noise problem from the beach access and that includes the times we sit on the patio

the main drag is a short 2 block walk to restaurants - shops etc so you really wont have to use your car that much while you are at cannon beach

Beaverton, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Cannon Beach
Level Contributor
6,201 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Two days in July, hotel on the beach

we stay at lands end quite often including a room with the patio and i have never found the noise there to be disturbing -even while sitting on the patio

seattle
Level Contributor
189 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Two days in July, hotel on the beach

We stay at the Hallmark in Cannon Beach all the time! In fact, just got home from there about an hour ago! There are some steps to the beach, but if you can handle those, the views are truly spectacular. It's also a 3-5 minute walk to good hot coffee and snacks at a bakery, small convenience store, restaurant, surf shop, and then about a 10 minute (very nice) walk to the main part of town. It is not brand new, but they do a nice job with housekeeping and are always eager to please. We've had specific issues over the many, many years of going there and they always want to make it right and do!

They also have a nice warm pool and 2 hot tubs and small work out room and spa. These are especially nice when the weather turns, which it can - even in July.

I would not hesitate to stay at the Hallmark!

New York
Level Contributor
118 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Two days in July, hotel on the beach

Thanks, I appreciate your input. I booked an Ocean Front room at the Hallmark since they were one of the few hotels that would accept a two night stay. How many steps would you say they have? I assume that's the only way to get to the beach. If you don't mind, which restaurant would you recommend?

16. Re: Two days in July, hotel on the beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 June 2013, 10:19