We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Possible snow - route

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Topic
Possible snow - route

My husband and I were thinking of an overnight in Cannon this Saturday. I'm hearing talks of snow and I'm just wondering if we should be concerned about travel on 26? Thanks for any input.

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
11,464 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Possible snow - route

AnnaC--Smart to stay put. Yes we don't get snow that often and with all the hills around here things shut down pretty fast. Glad you made the best of it. We did too. Love being able to go out my front door and snowshoe!

Newberg, Oregon
Level Contributor
6,163 posts
389 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Possible snow - route

Wise decision. I grew up in northern Illinois, but found that any kind of snowfall in the Pacific Northwest brings a huge load of chaos with it. We have over a foot of snow here in Dallas and it's a real mess, to say the least. Several school districts in Polk County have canceled classes for Monday, even though the thaw has begun.

Mentioned in this post
Dallas
Dallas
Texas
Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
43,801 posts
1,099 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Possible snow - route

>>I had no idea how bad driving conditions were here with snow. <<

Yes, it's not like cities that get snow all winter long, is it? I live on the central coast and we had about 6" on Thursday. Everything stops!

Snow's all gone now - hooray - and today was gorgeous and sunny :-)

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
11,464 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Possible snow - route

Oregon John--yes, things are still such a mess here. So much snow(which I love) but the ice I could do without lol. Glad that schools are being careful. Kids are our future and keeping them safe is key:)

Mentioned in this post
Oregon
Oregon
United States
15. Re: Possible snow - route

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 February 2015, 05:21