We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lowest grocery store prices?

Which Cannon Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Eagle Point, Oregon
3 posts
Save Topic
Lowest grocery store prices?

I'm moving to Cannon Beach for a few months. I'm new to town, and on an extremely tight budget. So, I need to know the markets/mini marts/whatever with the most affordable prices -- preferably located next to the Christian Conference center.

Any suggestions?

Oregon
Level Contributor
8,735 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lowest grocery store prices?

Suggest you got to Safeway in Seaside to stock up. Part of the charm of Cannon Beach is no big box stores

Eagle Point, Oregon
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Lowest grocery store prices?

Ah, thank you very much. ^_^

Florence, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Oregon Coast
Level Contributor
5,991 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lowest grocery store prices?

Yup, Safeway. If you have the ability or want to venture a bit further, there is a Costco and Fred Meyer in Warrenton.

4. Re: Lowest grocery store prices?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 09 February 2014, 17:56
Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,795 posts
1,037 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lowest grocery store prices?

Hi and welcome to TripAdvisor, Jaden R. If you have a car that has gets decent gas mileage it will be well worth your while to go to Safeway. Get a Safeway card (free) and you'll save tons of money over the teeny market in Cannon Beach. Plus the selection at Safeway is far, far greater.

Cannon Beach is an upscale town but every time I'm in there I shudder at how crowded and overpriced that market is with such a poor selection of everything. We'd much rather drive a few miles.

By the way, if you go to Seaside, fill your tank there; I bet the gas prices are lower!

Some reviews of the local market:

www.yelp.com/biz/mariner-market-cannon-beach

Edited: 08 February 2014, 07:44
Level Contributor
34,520 posts
890 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lowest grocery store prices?

The Safeway in Seaside will be your best bet. It's a nice store! :).

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
3,568 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lowest grocery store prices?

Yes, you'll need to go to Seaside to fill up as there are no gas stations in Cannon Beach. And the Safeway is definitely the place to go for major grocery shopping, but the Mariner Market works fine as a well-stocked large convenience store kind of option. I like to go there just to see who's sitting on which bench: Republican or Democrat. And I like supporting local businesses.

Edited: 11 February 2014, 15:17
8. Re: Lowest grocery store prices?

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 February 2014, 17:55
Edited: 10 February 2014, 17:55
9. Re: Lowest grocery store prices?

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline with regards to harassment of another user. We will remove messages that include personal attacks or hostility directed at an individual user or group of users, threatening language or attempts to force a user to discontinue participation on our forums.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 February 2014, 18:02
Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,795 posts
1,037 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Lowest grocery store prices?

It is open to the public. We've seen many locals there getting gas.

It is in Cannon Beach, just off Hwy 101.

Facts.

No reason to be so argumentative. Next time you visit the coast, you can stop by and check it out but it's probably more expensive than any Seaside gas station :-))

Edited: 08 February 2014, 23:15