We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oregon coast in January or February

Which Depoe Bay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
CASTLE ROCK, CO
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Oregon coast in January or February

I've been told that the weather is generally good on the Oregon coast in January. Is this true? I don't mind cold or wet but I don't want to sit for a week in fog. I know there are no guarantees but I'm interested in probabilities.

1. Re: Oregon coast in January or February

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 February 2006, 21:38
Keno, OR
Level Contributor
412 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Oregon coast in January or February

Fog can appear on the Coast even in the summer--sometimes just traveling a short distance inland, or up or down the Coast from a foggy area can greatly improve the weather outlook--we have traveled to the Coast many weekends in January and February and usually are delighted with warm and sunny weather. However, it is beautiful in any weather! We hope you enjoy your trip to our home state.

Depoe Bay, Oregon
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Oregon coast in January or February

Hi, I live in Depoe Bay, Oregon. Whales were spouting today. I watch them from my livingroom. I haven't seen fog in some time. I think twice in two years the fog got so bad I didn't want to dive to Newport. That was in August. Something about it being hot inland brings on Mother Natures air conditioning. December brought sun for almost two solid weeks. Then some rain and overcast. Last February we had some cool thunderstorms - but no fog! (15 minutes) We do have wind.

Get answers to your questions about Depoe Bay