We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eugene family restaurant

Save Topic
Eugene family restaurant

Looking for a good restaurant in Eugene that would have good food and fun for two teenagers . We will be in eugene next week looking at colleges.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Bend
Level Contributor
1,635 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eugene family restaurant

I would head for Track Town Pizza! (www.tracktownpizza.net)

Eugene, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Eugene, Springfield
Level Contributor
8,535 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Eugene family restaurant

I would recommend the North Bank, where you can sit on the deck and watch the river go by. Fairly upscale brew pub fare, with lots of menu items for the teens and the adults.

Be sure and stop by Prince Puckler's ice cream parlor on the corner of Agate and 19th (just a block south of Hayward Field). Best ice cream in town, at reasonable prices.

You should also browse the 13th Ave. area around the UofO bookstore, since that's where students spend a good deal of time. Lots of student style (and budget) fare.

If your teens have particular food preferences, I could probably recommend more specific places.

Eugene, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Eugene, Springfield
Level Contributor
8,535 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Eugene family restaurant

Another place the family might enjoy is Mazzi's on East Amazon...old style family Italian...lots of spaghetti, lasagna, calzone dishes....individual pizzas.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Bend
Level Contributor
1,635 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Eugene family restaurant

Wow... Mazzi's in Eugene is still open? It's been years, and I know the ones in Salem and Portland have closed. I will keep that in mind the next time we are in Eugene!

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
43,113 posts
1,081 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Eugene family restaurant

Oregonpoppa, where is North Bank located? Thanks!

Florence, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Oregon Coast
Level Contributor
6,055 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Eugene family restaurant

North Bank in right on the Willamette River off of Centennial near the Ferry Street Bridge.

Beaverton, OR
Level Contributor
28 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Eugene family restaurant

Tracktown Pizza and Mazzis are two of my favorite places to go in Eugene. Tracktown is great for a casual meal. Mazzis is a little nicer and has perhaps the best rolls I have had at an Italian restaurant. Enjoy Eugene! I loved college there!

Eugene, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Eugene, Springfield
Level Contributor
8,535 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Eugene family restaurant

previously stated location for McMennamin's North Bank is correct...but it can get tricky finding the restaurant because of the looping roads off of Coburg. Don't know where you'll be staying, but most hotels/motels can give you driving instructions...or, if you're close enough, you can walk there by crossing the river on the DeFazio bike bridge (next to Ferry St. Bridge) or via the bike trails along the river.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
43,113 posts
1,081 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Eugene family restaurant

Thanks dengay & oregonpoppa ... we'll try it next time we're in the city.

California
Level Contributor
31 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Eugene family restaurant

I'm looking for Eugene restaurants to escape from relatives we are going to visit there! We are a couple from CA looking for non-Denny's type of food! any ideas?

also, is it too late in the year for river rafting?