We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camping/swimming near Eugene--- Cedar Creek

Which Eugene hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Tucson, AZ
Level Contributor
186 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Camping/swimming near Eugene--- Cedar Creek

We've been looking at going to Cedar Creek to camp and swim while in Eugene. Has anyone been up there? Thoughts?

On the forest service website, it says the campsites have firepits. Does this mean one can have a fire anytime or are there often burning bans? Is there a site where I can check this (rather than call the forest service)?

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,021 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Camping/swimming near Eugene--- Cedar Creek

I've actually camped there! It was during the 25th anniversary of the movie "Animal House." We kinda turned it into a whole week of camping and partying. In fact, that might be the place where I found gold--GOLD!--in them thar hills.

The campsites there have those metal fire rings, and unless something highly unusual is going on then as long as your fire stays in said ring, all is well. They very rarely ban fires at Cedar Creek Campground.

And yeah, you can always call the Umpqua Forest District to confirm: (541) 767-5000

Tucson, AZ
Level Contributor
186 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Camping/swimming near Eugene--- Cedar Creek

Thanks! I assume you'd tell me if there were any problems (if you remembered -- sounds like it was a great time). :)

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,021 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Camping/swimming near Eugene--- Cedar Creek

The only problem I remember was the girl I was dating at the time! LB, if you're reading this: just kidding.

4. Re: Camping/swimming near Eugene--- Cedar Creek

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2009, 09:33