We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay for Jamboree?

Which Eugene hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Atwater
Level Contributor
18 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay for Jamboree?

Coming up in July for the Sweet Home Jamboree. However, not sure what would be the closet city to look for a hotel. Any thoughts or suggestions would be great. Thanks.

Eugene, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Eugene, Springfield
Level Contributor
7,832 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay for Jamboree?

There are probably a couple of motels in Sweet Home and nearby Lebanon, but Albany will likely be your best bet...lots of brand name motels and good restaurants. If you have any extra time, Corvallis is just west of Albany.

Albany has lots of Victorian homes, historic buildings and antique shops. Located right on I-5, you have quick access to destinations in all directions.

It's about an hour's drive from Eugene to Sweethome, whether you go up I-5 or take the back way via Marcola.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,885 posts
1,049 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay for Jamboree?

Albany is probably the nearest large town and would be about 25-30 minutes away.

Let's see . . . they have a Comfort Suites and Holiday Inn Express right by the fairgrounds, a La Quinta right near those, a Quality Inn next to Timber Hill Park, and a Phoenix Suites (it's right next to the freeway so you may want a room on the opposite side of the building). Those are the ones that would be most convenient I think.

Not sure what you're looking for but here is a review of one motel in Lebanon which would be about 15 minutes closer to Sweet Home:

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g51945-d9524…

Otherwise Sweet Home has just a couple of older places that I'm not familiar with.

McMinnville, Oregon
Level Contributor
112 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay for Jamboree?

Just another option is to borrow or rent an rv. My aunt and uncle go every year and drive the motor home from Bend. http://oregonjamboree.com/camping.htm

Free shuttle so no drinking and driving problems:)

Atwater
Level Contributor
18 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay for Jamboree?

Thank you! I appreciate the help. Will definitely start looking in Albany.

5. Re: Where to stay for Jamboree?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 March 2010, 05:19