We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shuttle service from Eugene to PDX

Tulsa, OK
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Shuttle service from Eugene to PDX

I recently researched transportation for shuttle service from Eugene to PDX and found reviews on another website claiming that City2City provided several routes to and from The Portland airport seven days a week. The reviews were very good and their web site claims to be prompt and reliable. However, my experience was terrible. First when I called the number on the website and left a message inquiring about the service, I still had not received a phone call back three days later. I called again and again the phone went to voice mail. So I found an email address and sent an email with my inquiry, and mentioned in my email that I had not received a response to my phone call. I got a reply to my email with a cryptic response that Yes I did need to make a reservation for a Saturday shuttle and then said she is a very busy person and doesn't have time to return phone calls. Really? Then why have a phone number at all and why have a voice mail message stating that my business is important to them?

I responded professionally and stated that I needed the reservation and confirmed the time and location of the pickup. I thanked the person and inquired if I needed to do anything else and left my cell phone number. No response to my last email which should have been a red flag.

So I showed up at the exact time required and location as I was to catch an early afternoon flight out of Portland. After 15 minutes and no shuttle I asked inside the hotel if this was the pickup location and was told yes. So I waited another 10 minutes and called the number I had called earlier to inquire where the shuttle was as I needed to catch a flight. Of course the call went to voice mail so I left a message.that the shuttle was late and I needed to get to Portland for my flight. I also asked that someone return my call as soon as possible. I never did receive a phone call, and I ended up having to make other arrangements for transportation and it cost me an additional $200 to change my flight to a later time.

This is by far the worst customer service I have ever experienced and completely unreliable. City2city.com should take a serious look at their business and ask themselves if they should even be in business. And change their voice mail message about how important their customers are to their business. Not true in my experience!

Eugene, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Eugene, Springfield
Level Contributor
8,350 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shuttle service from Eugene to PDX

The City2City shuttle service was sold to a new owner sometime in the last few months. I knew the previous owner, who had built a very reliable and valuable shuttle service. Sorry to hear that the new owner, apparently, isn't maintaining service quality. Getting to PDX is an ongoing challenge for the Eugene/Springfield and Corvallis/Albany communities.

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
11,073 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shuttle service from Eugene to PDX

I would be miffed too. We had a bad shuttle experience in Paris once (thank goodness we found a taxi in time so we didn't miss our flight home), so I know that feeling. Your post will be helpful to others, I am sure.

Oregonpoppa--The Hut shuttle has been very reliable for Corvallis residents for years. I think they now go to Eugene, so you might them. The Hut is well known around Corvallis and has a great reputation.

Dayton, Ohio...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Shuttle service from Eugene to PDX

Had a similar experience. We did make a reservation, but the shuttle never showed up. And they charged my credit card. I'm disputing the charge, of course.

Eugene
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Shuttle service from Eugene to PDX

Hut Shuttle goes to Portland AP every two hours I think. Great price and as the owner of Eugene Hybrid Taxi Cabs they are who I recommend to everyone that calls for a ride to PDX. Sure I would love the $200 fare on my books, but I would rather send you to them and keep you happy.

5. Re: Shuttle service from Eugene to PDX

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 July 2013, 10:17