We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunday brewpub lunch w/family

Which Eugene hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
Level Contributor
24 posts
120 reviews
Save Topic
Sunday brewpub lunch w/family

We'll be in Eugene Sunday for lunch and like to visit brewpubs when we travel...two adults with a 10 year old. Any recommendations (besides a McMenamins location)? Thanks!

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
10,861 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunday brewpub lunch w/family

Hop Valley Brewery would fit the bill perfectly. It is in the Gateway area. We have been dining there since they opened a few years ago, and with family members of all ages.

Eugene, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Eugene, Springfield
Level Contributor
7,706 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunday brewpub lunch w/family

Hop Valley would be a good choice. With a 10 year old along, don't rule out lots of other restaurants that may not be brewpubs, but will have a variety of locally produced craft beers and ales on tap.

Bend, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Bend
Level Contributor
1,576 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunday brewpub lunch w/family

I'm adding this to our "to do" list for the Thanksgiving holiday. We'll pass through Eugene either on or way to the coast or on our way home, and I'd like to give them a try.

Any others worth mentioning? It looks like Oakshire is tasting room only.

Side rant: Wow, their website is AWFUL. How hard is it for a restaurant to post their hours, location, and a menu more recent than 2010? (I think I figured out the location - Gateway, right?) It's a chronic problem, so if someone could come up with a reasonable, cheap way for restaurants to make better websites, they would be my hero. <end rant>

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,853 posts
1,049 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunday brewpub lunch w/family

LOL, I'm not at all surprised at the website. IMO, they are not a professionally run company. If you go there when they are busy, be prepared for a noise level of about 500 decibels. We've eaten there three times and although others on the forum rave about them - our family doesn't!

Oh, correction, we've *eaten* there twice. The third time we sat and waited and waited for service, never saw anybody and it was so loud it actually hurt my ears, so we left.

Yes, they are at the Gateway intersection. Go straight on Beltline off the freeway and they are ahead on the right about a half block. There is a little access street but I don't know what it's called.

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
10,861 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunday brewpub lunch w/family

Fiveforefun--I had never looked at their website before. Yeah, it could be a lot more user friendly. Since we are there pretty often, I will say something next time. I agree though, many restaurants have terrible websites.

half-brit--We have been there numerous times when they are busy and have not encountered that at all. Not saying your experience didn't happen, but that is not the norm.

6. Re: Sunday brewpub lunch w/family

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 November 2013, 10:17