We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How should a girl dress like when visiting Kings Estate Wine

Portland, Oregon
4 posts
Save Topic
How should a girl dress like when visiting Kings Estate Wine

I am wondering how should a girl dress like to visit Kings Estate Winery, my culinary class is going there and we must dress appropriately .. Any suggestions.?

Eugene, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Eugene, Springfield
Level Contributor
8,631 posts
194 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How should a girl dress like when visiting Kings Estate Wine

For lunch or dinner?

Most visitors fall into two groups, those having lunch as part of their winery tours and day's outing (they're wearing everything from jeans and t's to warmer clothing if weather isn't nice) and those going for special events (Mothers Day, birthdays, anniversaries, dates, etc. (everything from dressy casual to more dressy for dinner for special event). But this is Oregon and the general rule is comfortable casual unless told otherwise. If it's for dinner and you're told to dress "appropriately," I am guessing that anything from dressy casual on up would be in order. I'll let the ladies on the forum correct me if I'm wrong.

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
4,786 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How should a girl dress like when visiting Kings Estate Wine

Depends. If your culinary class is going there to cook, it would be different than if you are going to eat and drink. I would call them directly and ask.

Portland, Oregon
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: How should a girl dress like when visiting Kings Estate Wine

It's for lunch and just to eat ..

Oregon
Level Contributor
966 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How should a girl dress like when visiting Kings Estate Wine

I would treat it like a job interview and dress in "business casual" - nice pants or a skirt, blouse or sweater, dressy jacket, etc. Clearly dress up, not down - don't go looking grubby. In the event that you meet the chef or the staff, you'd want to make a good first impression. You never know when you'll be in a situation where networking may be a possibility for a job, and you'll want to have left a professional and good impression.

Level Contributor
36,652 posts
907 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How should a girl dress like when visiting Kings Estate Wine

Business casual is good advice. You will love King Estate, we have had several wonderful lunches there at the outdoor patio and inside by the fire. Enjoy! :)

6. Re: How should a girl dress like when visiting Kings Estate Wine

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 May 2014, 06:17