We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lakes near Eugene

Bethlehem...
Level Contributor
39 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Lakes near Eugene

When I was a kid (40-50 years ago), we used to go to water ski at a lake called Oakridge Reservoir (?) but I can't find it on the map. Did it undergo a name change? We also enjoyed Cottage Grove and Fern Ridge, which wasn't developed. I'd love an update on these areas with any changes, especially from old-timers. I'm planning to go back to visit my childhood haunts in July after all this time. TX!

Green Valley...
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park, Seattle
Level Contributor
18,001 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lakes near Eugene

Do you mean Fern Ridge Reservoir: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fern_Ridge_Reservoir

Or, Hills Creek? www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/willamette/recarea/…

Now, who claims to be an old timer? Let them come forward. :)

Edited: 20 June 2014, 22:55
Bethlehem...
Level Contributor
39 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lakes near Eugene

LOL.

In the 60s my family used to go boating at Fern Ridge Reservoir, Cottage Grove Reservoir, Dorena (Dam?), and Oak Ridge Lake or Reservoir.. But I can't find Oak Ridge so maybe I'm having memory problems. I would love any info. TX for the link on Fern Ridge!

Eugene, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Eugene, Springfield
Level Contributor
7,985 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lakes near Eugene

Not me. I'm just getting old. After 20 years here, I'm still a newcomer.

Newberg, Oregon
Level Contributor
6,046 posts
389 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lakes near Eugene

There's Fern Ridge west of Eugene and Lookout Point Lake along Hwy 58 between Eugene and Oakridge. Could it be one of these?

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,889 posts
1,048 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lakes near Eugene

Fern Ridge reservoir is west of Eugene in Veneta and yes people take boats out on it. Richardson County Park is a campground located on the NW area of the lake, although most of the campsites don't have a lake view. We've stayed there and it's nice. There are a couple of other day use parks along the lake, one of them just off Hwy 126. There are probably more people around Fern Ridge lake than you remember (aren't there more everywhere?) , but it's still fairly rural and not what I would call over-developed.

I know there is a lake a couple of miles outside of Oakridge because some friends of mine go camping there. I don't know the name of it though.

6. Re: Lakes near Eugene

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2015, 05:17