We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sand Dunes Frontier or Sandland for Dune Buggy Rides

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Atlantic City, New...
Level Contributor
935 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Sand Dunes Frontier or Sandland for Dune Buggy Rides

Which would you suggest for the group dune buggy rides? Their websites aren't anything special, but these seem like the two most popular ones.

Florence, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Oregon Coast
Level Contributor
5,984 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sand Dunes Frontier or Sandland for Dune Buggy Rides

They are the only ones near Florence. You have to go another 25 miles south to find another...........

IMO, it's a tossup. DS#2 worked at both during his high school years and I know a couple of the tour drivers at both companies. Sandland has bigger and newer busses than Sanddunes Frontier, that to me, offer a bit smoother ride, but both companies tour the same area, they just start from different locations.

Eugene, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Eugene, Springfield
Level Contributor
7,469 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sand Dunes Frontier or Sandland for Dune Buggy Rides

I've taken relatives on the Frontier buggy several times over the years and have always been happy with them. Haven't done Sandland yet, so can't compare.

Pitman, New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Rapid City, South Dakota
Level Contributor
5,460 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sand Dunes Frontier or Sandland for Dune Buggy Rides

We had a very good experience at Sand Dunes Frontier last year. The tour guide was terrific..very knowledgeable and entertaining.

The Dunes were one of the highlights of our Oregon trip. Enjoy!

Oregon
Level Contributor
1,708 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sand Dunes Frontier or Sandland for Dune Buggy Rides

We just took a tour on the Sandland last weekend. It was $36 for 2 adults and 1 child for a 1 hour ride in one of the big school bus type dune buggies that probably seated about 20 or so? I am pretty much a Native Oregonian and never knew that we had miles and miles of sandunes!

5. Re: Sand Dunes Frontier or Sandland for Dune Buggy Rides

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 January 2010, 05:18