We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Florence fines

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Guildford, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Florence fines

I had the great pleasure of visiting Florence many times during the 70s/80s/90s and have bored people silly about what a wonderful place it is for decades. Last year i took my new partner there to show her what I meant. I recently received two fines of the same type as many of your other readers (timed within 2 minutes of each other near the overpriced hotel we stayed at). I know you get what you pay for and I never object to paying for quality. However, I am absolutely disgusted at the way the city has become a complete rip off. These revenue generating fines are merely confirmation that a once beautiful city has now become an institutionalised tourist scam centre.

Green Valley...
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park, Seattle
Level Contributor
18,001 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Florence fines

" I recently received two fines of the same type as many of your other readers (timed within 2 minutes of each other ..."

Unclear what you are talking about...

Florence, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Oregon Coast
Level Contributor
6,007 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Florence fines

Agree with voyaging, huh!?!

I'm also wondering how this is travel related?

Eugene, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Eugene, Springfield
Level Contributor
7,720 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Florence fines

Fines within 2 minutes of each other near the hotel? Speeding? DUI? Littering?

You just dropped in from UK after more than 20 years and had no idea that costs have gone up in the interim? It would help to know more about your travel experiences and expectations, but this is the only posting you've ever made to TA. Very odd.

Tell us what laws you broke to warrant fines.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,853 posts
1,049 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Florence fines

Could miked9 possibly be talking about Florence, ITALY?

Otherwise I too am completely puzzled . . . and I surely would not call Florence, OREGON "an institutionalised tourist scam centre." ! !

5. Re: Florence fines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 April 2013, 10:17