We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Florence to Waldport

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Florence to Waldport

Traveling through with family this summer. Sounds restful, scenic, not crowded -- our cup of tea! Anyone know of Camp Yachats lodging? Also trying to compare drive over via Hwy 126 vs. 34. Thanks.

Eugene, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Eugene, Springfield
Level Contributor
8,340 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Florence to Waldport

To answer your question, you need to tell us where you're coming from.

From up north, 34 might be better. From the south and east (Eugene/Springfield, for instance), 126 makes more sense, especially since it will take you north on 101 through Florence, by Heceta Head, Cape Perpetua and Yachats....places you should see anyway. Both routes cross the Coast Range and get plenty of traffic.

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Florence to Waldport

Thanks, I'd seen many of your posts before, so I thought I'd see what you have to offer. The area sounds much quieter and quainter, something our family would prefer. Nature vs. manmade activities. Anyway, we are college shopping first, so will be in Corvallis, then Eugene, before heading to coast.

Eugene, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Eugene, Springfield
Level Contributor
8,340 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Florence to Waldport

Thought I already wrote this earlier, but don't see it here. Either I didn't click "send" or my mind is failing (both could be the case, of course).

Let me know if you'd like any info on Eugene and/or the UofO campus area. Can't help you much with Corvallis, but there are always a few Beavers lurking about.

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
11,069 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Florence to Waldport

Yes, there are several OSU graduates here, myself included:)

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Florence to Waldport

Thanks to you both. I'm sure we'll get more than enough info. online as well as from the colleges themselves. Plus we have a neighbor at Eugene. If you have specific things to recommend we see, or ask, please advise. Not only in the college towns, but also in the coastal area I mentioned.

Also, I'm curious how the 'vibe' on campuses and surrounding city may differ (if they do). Sort of like we have at CU vs. CSU in Colorado.

Eugene, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Eugene, Springfield
Level Contributor
8,340 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Florence to Waldport

Corvallis smaller, quieter. Eugene really has to be thought of as Eugene/Springfield, a major urban area with all of the amenities of a "city" -- airport, top flight entertainment centers, major regional medical center, etc. That said, Eugene's population is about 156,000, Springfield 70,000 and the entire Lane Co. metro area 300,000. By big city standards that's still quite small.

With Corvallis only 45 miles away, there are a lot of Duck and Beaver fans and families rubbing elbows regularly.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,958 posts
1,048 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Florence to Waldport

"Anyone know of Camp Yachats lodging?"

Camp Yachats? Do you mean the tiny town of Yachats?

Green Valley...
Level Contributor
18,004 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Florence to Waldport

Do football records between U of O and OSU matter?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_War_(college_football_game)

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
11,069 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Florence to Waldport

Voyaging--Do you mean the criminal records of football players? ;)

10. Re: Florence to Waldport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2015, 01:15