We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Salishan Lodge and Golf resort by Gleneden Beach, Oregon

vancouver
Level Contributor
50 posts
3 reviews
Salishan Lodge and Golf resort by Gleneden Beach, Oregon

Our family of 4 (2 young kids) are thinking of going down the Oregon Coast this August and do a splurge and camp trip. W e are thinking of splurging at the Salishan Lodge for 2 nights. Their website looks fabulous but when we read the reviews from the trip advisor forum, we were quite discouraged and are not sure if we should waste? our money there? Any comment or other suggestions?

Seattle
Level Contributor
4,398 posts
1 review
1. Re: Salishan Lodge and Golf resort by Gleneden Beach, Oregon

I don't think it's worth the money--I haven't stayed there for years but stopped in last year to see if things had changed/improved and still was not all that impressed. If you're a golfer, that's one thing but if not, I wouldn't go out of my way to stay there.

The place that's well worth the splurge on the Oregon Coast, IMO, is Tu Tu Tun Lodge down in Gold Beach. But if that's too far south for you, a couple other nice (although not super luxurious) places are the Overleaf in Yachats and the Ocean Lodge in Cannon Beach. Both have the benefit of being right ON the ocean, too, which the Salishan is not.

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
10,984 posts
91 reviews
2. Re: Salishan Lodge and Golf resort by Gleneden Beach, Oregon

I agree with Northwestwanderer. I too have stayed there a few times, but it has been years ago so can't comment on how it is now. But it would not be my preference. In Cannon Beach a really good family place is the Surfsand Resort. Right on the water, looks out to Haystack Rock, and they have the only cabana service on the Oregon coast. Complimentary toys, kites, chairs and umbrellas for you to use. Also lots of childrens activities. We have stayed there many time and really like it.

Oregon
Level Contributor
8,735 posts
42 reviews
3. Re: Salishan Lodge and Golf resort by Gleneden Beach, Oregon

I would not take two small kids to Salishan. Mostly for location. Not many coast resorts so far from beach access. And been so many years since I have stayed there, can't say what it is like today.

Two or three places in Newport that are 3 star types. Shilo, Elizabeth Inn.

You want to splurge consider a private beach rental. Try HRBO, . couple of nice ones in Lincoln Beach.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
4. Re: Salishan Lodge and Golf resort by Gleneden Beach, Oregon

I agree with everything northwestwander wrote. Your splurge should be an on-the-beach place, and Salishan is not (neither is TuTuTun for that matter). Another place to consider is SurfSand Resort in Cannon Beach. Very family friendly, including use of beach toys, ice cream socials, and wiener roasts on the beach.

http://www.surfsand.com/

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
5. Re: Salishan Lodge and Golf resort by Gleneden Beach, Oregon

You must be asking yourself if there's an echo in here, Mtngrl. ;-) Sorry!

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
10,984 posts
91 reviews
6. Re: Salishan Lodge and Golf resort by Gleneden Beach, Oregon

LOL! Not an echo...just another great mind at work;)

7. Re: Salishan Lodge and Golf resort by Gleneden Beach, Oregon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2009, 11:23
Get answers to your questions about Gleneden Beach
More Gleneden Beach Topics