We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

When should we visit Gold Beach, Oregon? Part 2

Which Gold Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Georgetown, Texas
3 posts
Save Topic
When should we visit Gold Beach, Oregon? Part 2

I just thought of some more questions about Gold Beach, Oregon....

In order to see and do everything and to get a feel for the area in general? We will have perhaps 2-4 days total to spend for our vacation, which includes traveling time.

How long should we plan on staying in GB?

Next, I very much want to stay on the beach, especially somewhere that is cozy and romantic.

Therefore, based on Tripadvisor's reccomendations. I am having trouble deciding on the following places to stay....

Ireland's Rustic Lodges-because I believe they have cabins with fireplaces

Gold Beach Inn-has views of the ocean =maybe a balcony or fireplace or both!

Pacific Reef Resort-has the cute little A frame house on the beach-does anyone know if it has a fireplace or not?

Again, thank you for all of your help is assisting us to plan our trip to the Oregon cost.

Oregon
Level Contributor
8,735 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: When should we visit Gold Beach, Oregon? Part 2

My work took me to Gold Beach. Because of the jet boats I never went in jet boat season without a reservation. Sorry but I don't remember names of places I stayed, so no help with fireplaces. Not a lot to do in Gold Beach. with a few days, most I would spend is 2 nights. It is most of a day getting to Gold Beach from Portland, same going back.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,795 posts
1,037 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: When should we visit Gold Beach, Oregon? Part 2

Hi, I'm pretty sure the A frame does not have a fireplace, at least I don't remember seeing a chimney. Ireland's cottages are rustic. Rustic. If you like that, that's great, but don't expect a lot ;-) Gold Beach Inn has balconies but I honestly cannot remember if it has fireplaces. I'm thinking not, but look at the reviews and pictures here on TA or better yet, call the office to double check. If you stay at Gold Beach Inn, get the top floor for the best view.

Gold Beach does not have the variety of lodging of some other towns. It tends to be standard-type motel construction. Everything there is set back about 100+ yards behind some teeny tiny sand dunes. I don't think there are any B&Bs in or near town.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
2,265 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: When should we visit Gold Beach, Oregon? Part 2

it takes most of a day to drive to Gold Beach from Portland- so that will eat up better part of two days. So you will have at most 2 days to explore the environs-assuming you are flying through portland. I think you could fill up two days just relaxing and driving around. Not sure when you are going or if jet boats were discussed in part 1, but its highly recommended by me...

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,795 posts
1,037 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: When should we visit Gold Beach, Oregon? Part 2

Hi, DebnotinKansasanymore, you still with us here?

We were in Gold Beach over this past weekend and I can give you some updated information...

5. Re: When should we visit Gold Beach, Oregon? Part 2

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2016, 00:17
Get answers to your questions about Gold Beach
More Gold Beach Topics