We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

reasonable and clean motels

1 post
Save Topic
reasonable and clean motels

I'll be visiting Grants Pass for the first time in early October for 10 days. Can anyone recommend a reasonable, clean motel in or close to town. The Hawks Inn, Knights Inn and Crest Motel were mentioned on a web site. If anyone has any info on them I'd appreciate hearing from you. I will be renting a car and would like to do that in Grants Pass. Are there car rentals in Grants Pass? Also I'm coming from N.J. and would welcome suggestions on what clothing I'll need, since I'm not sure what the weather is at that time.

Any other tips or or suggestions would be very welcome.

Regards, Janet

M A
Salem, OR
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: reasonable and clean motels

Grants Pass is beautiful! In October, it could be cold or warm, bring sweatshirts and other comfortable cool weather clothes. Check weather.com in the almanac for average temperatures. If you have time, there is a little known oddity near there called the vortex.. if it is open, check it out, and believe it if you choose. Someday, I am going to move there. Less rainy than the valley, but I only drive that far south from Feburary to November. I would recommend staying at the Holiday Inn express, I have also stayed at the Super 8 there. They both have great online deals if you are a member and can rack up points and maybe get a couple free nights?! I haven't heard of the other motels, but maybe you can call the chamber of commerce there and ask for an opinion? Enjoy your visit there!

Level Contributor
36,657 posts
907 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: reasonable and clean motels

We have enjoyed several stays at the Riverside Inn (for others interested in the area). They are in the Entertainment Book and we have stayed here in a very nice room for $59/night . The property is located directly on the Rogue River and the Hellgate Jet Boat excursions leave from their boat dock. Lots of fun!

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
11,228 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: reasonable and clean motels

In speaking with the manager of the Riverside Inn this week, she informed me that they will probably not be part of the Entertainment Book next year. The east wing, which is the nicer part, will also become its own hotel entity as of next month. Even now those rooms are not available with the entertainment book special.

Oregon
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: reasonable and clean motels

On several occassions my family has stayed at the

La Quinta located up at the top of town on Morgan Street . The prices were reasonable and the continental breakfast wasn't to shaby either.

The only thing with the La Quinta is that it is a dog friendly hotel

so if you have allegies you may want to consider another hotel.

I will add that we found the rooms very clean and guest service

was good too. Oh, and don't forget to pick up a warm Otis spunkmeyer ? cookie at the front desk before turning in.

Happy Hotel Hunting! Linda

Oregon
Level Contributor
30 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: reasonable and clean motels

Janet,

People go to Grants Pass mainly for one thing: The River! So if you are going to the city, I would suggest staying at the Riverside inn or the lodge at riverside (formerly part of the same complex, as the previous post suggests). It is the only riverfront hotel in the city, and has a lot of riverfront rooms and is moderately priced.

The Crest is dumpy, the Hawks is dumpy, and the Knights isnt too bad, though I havent stayed in any of them, I am judging the books by their cover.

If you need to go cheaper than the Riverside, check out the Redwood Motel on 6th Street, or go with Best Western or similar chain.

But my first choice, where I send my family and where I stay, is the Riverside.

Get answers to your questions about Grants Pass
More Grants Pass Topics