We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pet Lodging

Beaverton, OR
Level Contributor
404 posts
77 reviews
Save Topic
Pet Lodging

We just got back from our 2nd stay at the Sunset Motel and will never stay there again.

It was so bad we didn't even feed the dog breakfast - I packed up the vehicle while hubby walked the dog and we were gone well before the office opened!

Now we need lodging options for next year.

* We have a 53. lb. dog that travels with us.

* We prefer lodging that is all non-smoking since we have ended up getting stuck in smoking rooms in the past.

* We prefer a place with an air conditioner since we always stay in the summer (July).

* We always stay just 1 night.

Thanks in advance :-)

Vail, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Vail
Level Contributor
1,452 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pet Lodging

I would try the Vagabond, just to the west of the Columbia Gorge Hotel. They generally get good reviews and there are plenty of places to play with pup. I also see that the Columbia Cliff Villas are pet friendly, they are just to the east of the Columbia Gorge Hotel. The Best Western is pet friendly also but they have very strict pet policies that I'm uncomfortable with. I know that some people who travel with pets do inappropriate things but I don't like to feel punished for someone else's mistake. Where ever you stay be sure to bring pup by Gorge Dog for some fancy treats, mine loved the banana barkscotti.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
43,337 posts
1,081 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pet Lodging

Oh no, msdj, was this the Sunset Surf Motel in Manzanita? Several of us often suggest that motel. What was so bad?

Oregon
Level Contributor
8,735 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pet Lodging

Yes what Sunset motel? where?.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Pet Lodging

Since msdj posted this in the Hood River forum, I'd assume that's where the Sunset Motel is.

Oregon
Level Contributor
8,735 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pet Lodging

I missed that Mistletoe you are probably right. I am one who has recommended Sunset Surf in Manzanita. and guess I still will.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
43,337 posts
1,081 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pet Lodging

Oh, Hood River ;-) Must be this place. The reviews are interesting. I got a kick out of #7 about the RV park . . . it was so terrible yet they stayed for 2.5 weeks, and then checked out *3 hours* late. LOL.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g51909-d939978-…

Beaverton, OR
Level Contributor
404 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pet Lodging

Yep it was the Sunset Motel in Hood River - sorry to panic everyone! ;-)

My review of our stay is pending.

I made a reservation for a pet room in February, confirmed it mid June and when we got there this weekend the manager (who made and confirmed our pet room reservation) said we couldn't stay there because we had a dog and she had no more pet rooms.

After a couple of minutes of being told she didn't have the room we reserved I became less than nice. She asked if I knew when I made the reservation so I grabbed the info from the Jeep and showed it to her and she did us a "favor" by letting us stay. She blamed what had happened on the person who had filled in for her while she was gone for a while. She did tell us the only reason she was letting us stay was because we only booked 1 night - if it had been more than 1 night she wouldn't have let us stay. She never once said she was sorry for their screw up, she just kept talking about how she was doing us this big favor.

We had problems with the AC unit not cooling after 9 pm and couldn't get hold of anyone from the office plus this year there was a ton of noise from the parking lot and room above us and the room doors were being slammed so hard the headboard shook. We only got 4 hours of sleep.

8. Re: Pet Lodging

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 January 2011, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Hood River
Recent Conversations