We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Odell Lake

Which Hood River hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Portland, OR
Level Contributor
23 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Odell Lake

My family was just invited to Odell Lake with some friends. We will be staying in a cabin owned by one of their relatives. I guess the cabin is close to the lake. If anyone has been to this lake before and can give me any helpful information, that would be great. What is the lake like? We have a ski boat we will be bringing. We nomally go to Prineville Resevoir, so this is a new place to us.

Thank you!!

Eugene, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Eugene, Springfield
Level Contributor
7,832 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Odell Lake

http://www.odelllakeresort.com/

traveloregon.com/Explore-Oregon/Central-Oreg…

These websites ought to give you most of what you want to know.

Oregon
Level Contributor
8,735 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Odell Lake

Odell is a lake not a resvoir so unike prineville level stays fairly consistant. We have camped there 3 or 4 times at Princess Creek we were told to avoid ends of lak because the wind can blow there morning and evening. I f in a cabin that should not matter

Odell lake is in pretty setting with Diamond Peak looking down on it

Crescent Lake is nearby also a fairly nice lake though I like Odell better for some reason Waldo is also near. It is a big lake but not one of my favorites. fishing was poor. I think Waldo Lake may still limit boat sizes and speeds.

Can't remember what kind of stores they have at Odell, but there is some store stuff at Crescent Lake Jct souutheast on OR-58 from Odell.

Eugene, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Eugene, Springfield
Level Contributor
7,832 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Odell Lake

No motors on Waldo Lake

Oregon
Level Contributor
1,708 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Odell Lake

We went camping to Odell Lake 2 weekends ago. BE SURE TO BRING MOSQUITO REPELLENT! It was strange because in the campground area the minute we got out of our truck, we were hit with the BUGGERS but when we were out on the lake or near the lake - there were no mosquitos in site.

5. Re: Odell Lake

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 January 2011, 06:16