We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary and lodging overnight in my hood

Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
45 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Itinerary and lodging overnight in my hood

We are planning a last minute vacation in August to Oregon with us 2 parents and 2 children ages 5 & 9.

We fly into portland around noon, thought we would head to Mt. hood for Saturday night and Tay until late afternoon Sunday. If I can find a room is best western the most convenient?

And what is a should not miss itinerary?

I'd love a mild rafting trip if any outfitters will take a 5yo. Also hikes appropriate for my kids ages. They are pretty adventurous and very fit if that helps.

Thanks!

Troutdale, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Hood River, Troutdale, Cascade Locks, The Dalles, Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
12,123 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary and lodging overnight in my hood

HI, Melissa B

You are posting on the Hood River forum (which I think would be a better fit for you) but you are mentioning Mt. Hood (which is up on the mountain)

I think you and your kids would like Hood River better.

Best Western would be a great hotel for you.

Try the Tamanawas hike. It's up on O-35 and a nice waterfall where you can picnic before your return trip. You can check it on www.nwhiker.com. It is up towards Odell.

In The Dalles they might like the Birds of Prey program at The Dalles Interpretive Center. I am sure they will like Multnomah Falls. Also Wahkeena and Latourell Falls upon the Scenic Highway.

I have found that just leaving it loose is better than trying to overplan a trip into the Gorge. The friendly and knowledgeable volunteers at Multnomah Falls will give you maps and up to date information.

Best,

MrsO

Edited: 04 July 2014, 19:42
2. Re: Itinerary and lodging overnight in my hood

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 July 2015, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Hood River
Recent Conversations