We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to choose?

Which Klamath Falls hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
815 posts
91 reviews
Save Topic
Where to choose?

Hi there. We will be visiting Klamath Falls as part of a road trip and I am trying to decide between the Best Western Olympic Inn and Maverick Motel. Can anyone advise which they consider to be the better option based on location, proximity to restaurants and anything else you consider a relevant consideration? The reviews here on TA are very similar and we don't know the area. We will be staying one night, a Sunday.

9 replies to this topic
Eugene, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Eugene, Springfield
Level Contributor
7,460 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to choose?

Why Klamath Falls? Are you on a group tour of some sort? When will you be coming (seasons can make a difference, especially if you will be driving)? Where will you be coming from before Klamath Falls and going to after? Klamath Falls is not usually a road tour destination spot, so I'm just curious and wonder whether or not we might be able to offer more comprehensive advice.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,729 posts
1,024 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to choose?

I'm guessing they will be visiting Crater Lake?

Grecofan2, you may be interested in this nearby:

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g51804-d29…

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
815 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to choose?

Thank you for that - think I've spotted that here on TA in the past. Do you have any views on the two hotels?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
815 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to choose?

Oregonpoppa - we are making our way from Seattle to San Francisco in late September and in order to split the journey we have settled on K Falls as a convenient point on the journey. We intend to visit Crater Lake on the way.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,729 posts
1,024 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to choose?

I'm not familiar with either motel. I looked them up on googlemaps and judging from the location, I would guess that the BW Olympic is quite a bit newer. If you like the looks of both and the reviews seem to read honestly (I give less weight to "one-offs") , then just flip a coin ;-)

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
815 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to choose?

Thanks - that's pretty much what I was thinking, which is why I thought a steer on location, etc might be helpful.

Edited: 19 September 2013, 13:17
Leoti, Kansas
Level Contributor
12 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to choose?

We are making this trip in the opposite direction, from San Francisco to Seattle. We have two weeks and are going the middle of November. I would really like to see Crater Lake and was thinking of adding Klamath Falls to our itinerary. Does anyone have any suggestions, most of our trip is going to be along the coast but thought this might be worth it to see. What about driving up to Crater Lake this time of year? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Grecofan2 how did your trip go and where did you stay?

Eugene, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Eugene, Springfield
Level Contributor
7,460 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to choose?

Hi, Mrs...you will probably get more useful responses by posting a new topic instead of tagging onto an old thread, where the Klamath Falls heading would be misleading.

Going up the coast you would find a side trip to Crater Lake a very major detour. And, in mid-November much of the park will be under heavy snow, with only the south entrance available. Klamath Falls would be even farther off your beat and wouldn't offer anything worth the trip. Come back and see Crater Lake on another vacation...in the summer.

You will be better off keeping to the coast, where you may run into fairly heavy rain/fog, but are not likely to encounter the snow/ice you could encounter going over the mountain passes of Oregon.

Leoti, Kansas
Level Contributor
12 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to choose?

Thanks a ton for the nudge to just not try and get to Crater Lake!! I really hate leaving it off our trip but it looks like that would be best.

Have a great day!

Reply to: Where to choose?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Klamath Falls