We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Summer Trip

Which Lincoln City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lubbock
Level Contributor
89 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Summer Trip

My wife and I are planning a summer trip to the Oregon coast. We plan to fly into Portland and visit both Portland and Seattle for a couple of days and then head down to Lincoln City.

We have already reserved a condo for 5 days there. We plan to be there July 1-5.

Can anyone give us any ideas about things to do and information about the weather and beach there. The reservation agent told us the ocean was more to look at and wade in than to swim. She said it would be much to cold.

Any advice or ideas?

Thanks.

Florence, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Oregon Coast
Level Contributor
6,016 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Summer Trip

You bring up another very good point Scarlett, logs. It only takes 4 inches of water to float a 5,000 pound log.

I must admit, I am being selfish to a point when I preach beach safety, b/c I am the one that responds to tthese emergencies, has to fill out the lenghty reports and often talk to the press when people get hurt or killed on the central coast.

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
10,950 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Summer Trip

Den--Selfish or not...keep posting that info! I feel the same way when I comment on designated drivers in the wine area. I live here and honestly do not want to be on the roads with the people who go tasting and then drive. This is where I live and I want to be able to go about my day to day business without getting taken out by someone who is not using their brain. I think it is always good to hear from locals in various areas about what to be careful about in any given area. Ok, rant over, lol:)

Ireland
Destination Expert
for Kilkenny
Level Contributor
3,606 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Summer Trip

This is where local knowledge is so important and tripadvisor invaluable for this. I appreciate all the information I can get. Floating logs in the water is not something I would encounter around my part of the world.

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
17,897 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Summer Trip

irishrover, it is a sight to behold!! They just roll in with the waves, great huge logs! Sometimes after a storm, you will see them way up on the sand..scary !

The brilliant advice on these boards is all due to the Oregon Locals ( not talking about myself at all here, I am too much a newbie still) and TripAdvisor is so lucky that they spend the time and energy to share their knowledge.

25. Re: Summer Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2009, 10:19
Get answers to your questions about Lincoln City