We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can anybody recommend the Seagull Motel in Lincoln City

Munich
Level Contributor
10 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Can anybody recommend the Seagull Motel in Lincoln City

I found the Seagull Motel in Lincoln City and liked its location right on the beach. I can't find any reviews for this motel - does anybody know whether it is a good place to stay? Other suggestions for budget lodging in August highly appreciated!

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
43,227 posts
1,081 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can anybody recommend the Seagull Motel in Lincoln City

Hi again, BookwormMunich ... I've been waiting to see you here in Oregon, lol!

First question - do you have your overnight stops planned out along the coast?

Do you particularly want Lincoln City for some reason? It's not too scenic, quite congested, and if you want fun stuff to do, Newport is much better. I do know about where the Seagull Motel is. It's fairly old (guessing about 35-40 years), but the website does look as if it's been refurbished. It will be hard to get anything cheaper, though!

Here are three reviews from Yahoo:

http://travel.yahoo.com/p-reviews-16449102-prod-hotel-action-read-ratings_and_reviews-i;_ylt=Asi1Dq2o0.ggfiuxzi7Xd8jiphQB

Munich
Level Contributor
10 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can anybody recommend the Seagull Motel in Lincoln City

Hi there, half-Brit,

yes, so far we have motels in San Francisco, Fort Bragg, Crescent City and Florence, all based on the reviews on Tripadvisor (thank god for this site).

We have chosen Lincoln City as a place to lay our heads after a probably long day in the Oregon Dunes. And, to be perfectly honest, to hit the factory outlet mall for a half day prior to going on to Portland.

The next step will be looking for accommodation in Portland. I suppose it would be best to find a motel near a light rail or bus stop not too far from downtown. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
43,227 posts
1,081 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can anybody recommend the Seagull Motel in Lincoln City

Sounds as if your planning is coming along nicely. You do realize that Florence is not on the ocean, unless you are staying at Driftwood Shores?

Also, how long are you staying in Portland? The Lincoln City outlet mall is okay, but about 15-20 minutes south of downtown Portland is a *much* bigger one, located near the town of Woodburn. On the way south there is also Bridgeport Village, another huge outdoor shopping mall, although not outlet.

I'm not the person to talk to about Portland, lol, but you can check the TA listing, or start another thread with that question. There is another thread right now ... "Downtown hotels near MAX/lightrail..." by trinkbreath which may be useful to you :-)

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
11,245 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can anybody recommend the Seagull Motel in Lincoln City

Yes, the outlets in Woodburn are much bigger, but also a much better selection of stores than other outlet locations. Bridgeport is the complete opposite of outlet shopping. Very nice place!

5. Re: Can anybody recommend the Seagull Motel in Lincoln City

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2009, 05:23
Get answers to your questions about Lincoln City