We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lincoln City Ideas for fun and dining on a budget

Hillsboro, Oregon
Level Contributor
757 posts
224 reviews
Save Topic
Lincoln City Ideas for fun and dining on a budget

Hi all- Just made a reservation at The Beachfront Manor for three nights for our 21st anniversary! Very excited. Due to the economy, gas prices, the economy, recent health bills, the economy......We need some suggestions on budget dining and a few fun things to do that do not require a long drive- an hour is fine. We will probably spend the majority of our time beach walking if the weather is not in full storm mode. We have never stayed in L.C. for more than a night so we are not really familiar with the area. We usually stay closer up towards Cannon Beach, Manzinita or camp at Cape Lookout. I am not in the mood to camp this year- I felt like there was more opportunity for budget eats and fun in L.C. that Cannon Beach and read good things about the Manor. So- throw me some suggestions for Breakfast , Lunch and Dinner on a budget. We do not need anything close to luxury- just clean and good food and fun. Thanks for all the suggestions.

Hillsboro, Oregon
Level Contributor
757 posts
224 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Lincoln City Ideas for fun and dining on a budget

Leaving for the "LC" on Tuesday- any last minute ideas are welcome. Hope the "low" gas prices hold out till then!

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,894 posts
1,048 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Lincoln City Ideas for fun and dining on a budget

Fuel much cheaper where you are, of course. Hope our beautiful coastal weather holds on for you. Have a good time :-)

Bellingham, WA
Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Lincoln City Ideas for fun and dining on a budget

We were in Lincoln City this week for 3 nights, arriving last Sunday and we left on Wednesday. The weather was great! It rained a little on Monday and that was it. Beautiful on Tuesday and Wednesday and warm, almost like Summer during the day. We stayed at Starfish Manor again and it was really nice. We ate at Maxwell's and Mo's and bar-b-qued on our deck the third night. Shopped at Safeway and IGA for a few groceries and found that Safeway was a little cheaper then IGA. There is another grocery store a little further down the road, but we haven't gone there. We went to Depoe Bay but the water was very choppy and we didn't see any whales. Most of the stores there close at 5pm. Being at the ocean during the week was great, there were not as many people, so it was nice and quiet. It looks, according to weather.com, that the weather next Tuesday and Wednesday is supposed to be nice, in the 60's, and then a 40% chance of showers the rest of the week. Some of the restaurants, because of the season, close a little earlier and the check in desk at Starfish Manor, where you will have to check in, closes at 9pm instead of 10pm. There is a great little shop across from Maxwell's called Sea Wick and all of their merchandise is 20% off for the season. Their original prices are very good anyway.

It is so fun being at the ocean, we look forward to going again. Have a great time and Happy Anniversary!

Bellingham, WA
Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Lincoln City Ideas for fun and dining on a budget

I forgot to say that we got gas in Tigard,OR on the way to the ocean and on the way back. On Sunday, we paid $3.09 per gallon and on Wednesday, we paid $2.99 per gallon. It was $2.84 or so a little further down the road. Gas was quite a bit more in Lincoln City. Currently where we live in Bham,WA, the cheapest gas is approx $2.59 per gallon. Going down almost daily. We love it! You can actually afford to drive again.

Bellingham, WA
Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Lincoln City Ideas for fun and dining on a budget

Oregonroadtripper -

I wanted to make sure that you know about the special that Beachfront Manor is having right now. If you stay 3 nights, you get one of the nights for a penny. Starfish Manor and Nantucket Inn are also having specials. We just took advantage of the 3rd night for a penny special at Starfish Manor. If you go to www.nwcoast.com and click on Lincoln City in the text, it will take you to their specials. Great deal! We paid half the price for a 3 night stay in October then what we paid in August. It says in the text that you have to book the special online, but you don't. They will take care of it over the phone.

Hillsboro, Oregon
Level Contributor
757 posts
224 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Lincoln City Ideas for fun and dining on a budget

Lyleguys- thanks for all the info! I just called and talked to Karen in the office and added a night since one of them is for just a penny- so now we are staying 4 nights! They were not having that special when I booked but she told me that me calling to mention it was enough for her to give the special to me! We can't leave PDX till 4 or so tomorrow but it will give us a whole extra day in thr LC- so thanks! I love, love, love Tripadvisor!

Bellingham, WA
Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Lincoln City Ideas for fun and dining on a budget

Oregonroadtripper -

Beachfront Manor is not advertised from the main road but Surftides Inn is, so if you find that, go down 28th or 30th, Beachfront Manor is next door, they have a small sign that is easy to miss and then Starfish Manor, where you check in at, is a couple of doors down from that and they don't even have a sign, but if you see the Pelican Shores Inn sign, then you know that you are in the right area. I don't know why they don't have better signs as it is confusing if you have never been there before. Have a good time!

Hillsboro, Oregon
Level Contributor
757 posts
224 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Lincoln City Ideas for fun and dining on a budget

Thanks- heading out soon- will do a trip report when we get back!

29. Re: Lincoln City Ideas for fun and dining on a budget

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2009, 21:20
Get answers to your questions about Lincoln City