We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

lodging eclipse help

Krakow, Poland
Level Contributor
857 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
lodging eclipse help

Hello to all

I'm looking for accommodation in Madras or Mitchell or nearby for the period of eclipse,

I know that the great demand area, maybe someone still rent the rooms, if so please for a contact or suggestions

thank you all

22 replies to this topic
Paris, France
Level Contributor
431 posts
Save Reply
21. Re: lodging eclipse help

You might be able to camp in one of the national forests for free. Sometimes in the summer there are restrictions because of fire danger.

Eclipse map for Oregon

www.eclipse2017.org/2017/maps/oregon.gif

google maps will show national forests.

White Rock, Canada
Level Contributor
2,022 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: lodging eclipse help

We booked a spot on-line a couple of days ago for overnight parking at Solartown which will allow you to park and then sleep in your car overnight. Advantage at Solartown was that the lot opens earlier on Sunday than the others I found doing a search- most don't open until after 10pm.

As a heads up, price is now $25US for a parking spot about 10x20 feet on grass. They also offer a shuttle - for a fee of course- to get you around the area because once you park, there are no in/out privileges.

I had a lot of questions before I booked and found the email response time very quick, sometimes just hours. Be aware of the added booking fee- about $8. I booked the Daytripper at https:/…

Closest I could get a reasonably priced hotel was in the Mt. Hood area and that was booked in early September 2016 for 3 nights. We're expecting the usual one hour or so trip from Mt. Hood to Madras will take us the better part of Sunday. We didn't want to risk not being able to get to Madras in time for the eclipse, hence the overnight parking.

Reply to: lodging eclipse help
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Madras