We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hiring a driver in the Valley?

Which McMinnville hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
chicago
Level Contributor
106 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Hiring a driver in the Valley?

In Napa you can hire someone to drive your rental car and pay an hourly rate. Does this exist in the Wilamette Valley?

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
10,727 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hiring a driver in the Valley?

There might be, but I have not heard of one. I live in this area and it is quite common for people to just hire a guide. They provide the vehicle and do the driving. Some are quite basic and others are very knowledgeable and make sure your experience is top knotch.

chicago
Level Contributor
106 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hiring a driver in the Valley?

That would work as well. Do you have anyone you recommend? We aren't looking to do a group tour. We'd prefer something private. I just found Backroads Wine Tours? Thanks for the quick response!

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
10,727 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hiring a driver in the Valley?

I am not familiar with them so looked them up. Looks good!

I have gone with www.anoseforwine.com and highly recommend Fred and Marie. They have the same philosophy as the one you found, where they get you to the "hidden gems".

While I can personally vouch for Fred and Marie, the outfit you found looks good too, so maybe whichever fits with your plans best. Enjoy!

chicago
Level Contributor
106 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hiring a driver in the Valley?

Saw you posted about them in another thread so I contacted them as well. Thanks for the tip. Any great hotel recs with nearby (walkable) restaurants?

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
10,727 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hiring a driver in the Valley?

There are a few. In McMinnville, take a look at Hotel Oregon. It is a McMenamin property, which each one is unique and a lot of fun! I love this place and have stayed there and enjoy it. It is in the heart of downtown Mac, so lots of great restaurants within blocks, and quite a few tasting rooms as well. In Dundee, the Inn At Red Hills is a really nice hotel. Again, we have stayed there and loved it. Dundee is an interesting town though, as the main drag is hwy 99w, and it is only a few blocks long. Red Hills sits on hwy 99, so you can walk on the shoulder/sidewalks to a couple great restaurants and tasting rooms. There is a shoulder for 1-2 blocks though, then real sidewalks. It is very doable though as the shoulder then goes into parking lots, etc so it isn't like you are walking along a wooded highway.

chicago
Level Contributor
106 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hiring a driver in the Valley?

Looks like the only option available at Hotel Oregon is a shared bathroom....I don't do shared bathrooms. Are there any other hotels you'd rec in McMinnville? Thanks again!

Lincoln City...
Level Contributor
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Hiring a driver in the Valley?

Good luck finding someone with a valid drivers license!!!

8. Re: Hiring a driver in the Valley?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 May 2016, 17:15
Get answers to your questions about McMinnville