We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pomodori Ristorante

Medford, Oregon
Level Contributor
279 posts
443 reviews
Save Topic
Pomodori Ristorante

This restaurant has been opened about a year and we had heard good things so decided to try it with friends. They are not listed in the phone book,kind of odd so I had to drive across town to check on their hours and get the phone number to make reservations.

It was a Sat. night,busy and they were short on help. We were seated in the back room,dark and very noisy. We couldn't carry on a conversation so we asked to be moved into a different dining room.

The busboy who was new dropped all the water glass at the end of our table,so we had water,ice and broken glass under our table. We didn't get upset and tried to reassure the busby since he was so upset.

We all ordered different things,beef,fish and pasta,none of it was good. Mediocre would be a good description. Everything was just tasteless.

The owner/manager could be heard from our table,talking on the phone,talking with employees etc. We really didn't enjoy having to listen to this and thought it was very unprofessional.

Would we go back NO,would we recommend it anyone,NO,NO,and NO. I will be very surprised if this place is still open in a year.

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
18,284 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pomodori Ristorante

omigod, it sounds like one of those Everything that could go wrong, did !

Medford, OR
Level Contributor
212 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pomodori Ristorante

Sorry to hear you had such a bad experience, M. For the benefit of others who may choose to dine here in Medford, rather than the more trendy and better-known Ashland, I wouldn't want one experience to be their only means of judging a place.

We are Medford locals who eat at Pomodori twice a month or so. They did go through a brief patch looking for help, but through it all the food remained and remains very good and is definitely not tasteless. The ravioli San Remo, Sweet Chili Mahi, and Salmon salad are among our favorites. The restaurant attracts many locals. For a place here to be busy in this economy, when Oregon is in such hard times, they have to offer something worthwhile. M must have hit it on a very "off" night, indeed.

Both this location and their other location in Florence, OR, on the coast, are very successful. Their Medford location has been in operation for more than a year now and are doing very well.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
43,485 posts
1,084 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pomodori Ristorante

Thanks for your information, Molly. I didn't know this one was under the same ownership as the one in Florence, but I know that one is very popular.

4. Re: Pomodori Ristorante

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 January 2010, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Medford