We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cafe Mundo - Open for breakfasts?

Genesee, CO
Level Contributor
646 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Cafe Mundo - Open for breakfasts?

This place sounded good for breakfast (have a vegetarian/organic daughter and three year old grandaughter joining us for breakfast). Although the review here says "recommended for breakfast/brunch", when I looked it up online it appears to only be open evenings?

Any other place recommended for breakfast? (she does eat eggs, dairy ... not strict veggie). How is Stephanie's or any other recommendation?

We are staying at the Whaler, so something around that area would be nice. This will be a Thursday morning.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,892 posts
1,048 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cafe Mundo - Open for breakfasts?

Have never been to Cafe Mundo (way too bohemian for me, lol!) but gave them a call. I got an answering machine that stated their hours were "Tues-Thurs, 4 pm to 10 pm and Fri-Sat, 4 pm to midnight". So no breakfast.

Have not been to Cafe Stephanie either, as we don't spend much time in the Nye Beach area! But do know folks who say it's very good. And I *think* that their pastry chef is the same one who used to supply scones to a local espresso stand - if so, they are delicious :-)

It's on Coast Street, near Toujours.

Newport, OR
Level Contributor
42 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cafe Mundo - Open for breakfasts?

Mundo only does Sunday Brunch (they did breakfast when they first opened). Cafe Stephanie is a Nye Beach Favorite. If you want to venture to the Bayfront, The Coffee House (east bayfront) is one of my go to places as well as Fish Tails in South Beach by the Aquarium.

Genesee, CO
Level Contributor
646 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cafe Mundo - Open for breakfasts?

wow, to half-brit ... thanks for calling. That is what I thought from just a search, but that is above and beyond :)

Isclaman ... I think we will be heading down that way, so the suggestions are appreciated.

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
10,982 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cafe Mundo - Open for breakfasts?

Just in case this helps anyone, we had breakfast at Cafe Stephanie this morning. Excellent!!!!! DH said I found a keeper with this place;)

5. Re: Cafe Mundo - Open for breakfasts?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2009, 02:19