We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La Quinta Inn

Midwest USA
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
La Quinta Inn

La Quinta Inn in Newport, OR is a nice hotel. Great breakfast, very comfortable beds, nice clean hotel. Everything is new. We got a king suite with a living room and kitchen for $89.00 at the end of May. You can walk to the Oregon Coast Aquarium from here and all the Aquarium Villiage shops. Nice place.

Florence, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Oregon Coast
Level Contributor
6,055 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: La Quinta Inn

My sis stayed there two years ago for spring break and really liked it. If there's one downside, it is very close to Hwy 101.

Dennis

Oregon
Level Contributor
8,735 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: La Quinta Inn

Any time we are at coast for more than a couple of days my wife has to go to Pirates Plunder in the Aquarium shops. we have sort of quit going to 2nd hand stores but they still have a few vendors with reasonable prices. and they seem to keep changing what is there. so see new things.

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
11,150 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: La Quinta Inn

dengay--Love your pic!

Level Contributor
36,345 posts
907 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: La Quinta Inn

Thanks for the info! La Quinta's are nice clean and comfortable. My son has used the La Quinta in Ashland. Isn't the Oregon Coast Aquarium great? :)

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
18,124 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: La Quinta Inn

We used La Quinta on our cross-country drive from the East Coast to Oregon last summer. They always allow dogs and do not charge for them. Sometimes it is just luck if you find one that is really nice, some are run down and not so clean.

We were lucky to find a few that were brand new .. suites are not expensive in La Quintas either.

Good to know Newport has a nice one.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,021 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: La Quinta Inn

I think I have a review on this site for that La Quinta that tells you which rooms to ask for. Maybe not. Either way, if you shop around the web you can get a room there for under $40. 24 hour pool there makes for some interesting after-bar activities, that's for sure.

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
11,150 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: La Quinta Inn

oregone--Why do I have this feeling that traveling with you would be quite the fun adventure? :)

Florence, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Oregon Coast
Level Contributor
6,055 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: La Quinta Inn

re: dengay--Love your pic!

That's my baby. His name is "Junior" (I won't tell his registered name as it will give away one of my secret passions ). He is a Golden Retriever (our second) and now 20 months old (He was 12 mo in the pic).

Dennis

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
11,150 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: La Quinta Inn

Dennis--I knew it was a Golden...we have one also and they are such great dogs! Ours is almost 9, but thinks she is still a puppy. Guess noone ever told her otherwise:) That is funny about your pups registered name...same with ours! I would love to have a puppy again, but our pup is jealous enough of the cat.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,021 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: La Quinta Inn

I'm not sure about fun adventure, mtngirl, but I do know that if the pool is still open after the bar is still closed, then I'm strippin' down to the skivvies.