We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driftwood Village in Newport

Ca.
Level Contributor
26 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Driftwood Village in Newport

Has anyone stayed at the Driftwood Village? It has views and on the beach. What about the cabins at Ester Lees. We don't know the area and any input would be helpful. Thank you

Oregon
Level Contributor
8,735 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driftwood Village in Newport

Never stayed there. It is a bit out of town, So you need to drive to go any where except the beach.

Ester Lee is sort of in town. You could walk the beach to Taft the south end of Lincoln City. Last trip to newport stopped there to check the place out. The cabins were built in 1940s, but think they are still in great shape, Ester Lee has a loyal following of regulars. Their lobby looks like a 1940 build. Big rouded window looking out to the ocean.

Never stayed there, but would guess we will, the cabins are partly dog friendly, Motel is not Motel built 1970 or so. but the cabins have decent price midweek in off season and have kitchens.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
135 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Driftwood Village in Newport

I stayed at the Ester Lee about 6 months ago and it was adequate. The room we stayed in (a pet-friendly cabin) was a little dated. The front desk service was very friendly. The access to the beach is down a steep road so you have to walk a ways. But, the view is very nice, which is one of their main selling points. Basically, I would stay there again when travelling with my dogs because it is hard to find a good pet-friendly motel, but would probably skip it otherwise.

Chicago
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Driftwood Village in Newport

Have you ever tried any of the beach homes there?

I just posted a review for the 5js Beach house. I don't know where Driftwood village is, but vacation rentals offer some good choices.

Ca.
Level Contributor
26 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Driftwood Village in Newport

Yes that is a good Idea, I think my husband is doing some checking.

We did stay at Lincoln City last week, I loved the beach it was so nice.

We stayed at Pelican Shores and it was good for 4 adults and 2 small children. Were going to be staying at Ester Lees Motel next week for 2 nights. I will give a review when we get back. We thought we would go by and check out a few hotels for the future.

Thanks

5. Re: Driftwood Village in Newport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2009, 23:19