We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation during Pendleton Round-up

Thundersley
Level Contributor
35 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Accommodation during Pendleton Round-up

We are visiting the USA from England and will be heading for the Pendleton Round-up in September 2010 and have found hotels already booked. Does anybody have any advice on available good accommodation during the round-up 15-18 September. We will be staying from 14th to 17th. We would really prefer Mom and Pop motels near to our route which is the Old Oregon Trail Hwy 84.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
43,118 posts
1,081 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation during Pendleton Round-up

Many places in Pendleton book up a year ahead. Here is a thread which might help:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g52016-i2197-k1849…

I realize calling is more difficult and expensive for you, but you might also contact the Chamber of Commerce for information:

http://www.pendletonchamber.com/

I did find these, know nothing about them:

http://www.ruggedcountrylodge.com/

http://www.riverwalkbnb.com/

http://www.pendletonhousebnb.com/

pendletonundergroundtours.org/main/hotel.htm

Here is the TA review list - it may have something on it you haven't tried. Be sure to click the dark green B&B tab on the top as well:

tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g52016-Pendleton_Oreg…

Eugene, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Eugene, Springfield
Level Contributor
8,538 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation during Pendleton Round-up

We've stayed at the Rugged Country Lodge, which consistently had good reviews, and enjoyed our stay. It wasn't during Roundup, though, and I would guess was one of the first to fill up with reservations. It bills itself as a motel that thinks it's a b&b.

McMinnville, Oregon
Level Contributor
112 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodation during Pendleton Round-up

Going to be a busy place for the 100th roundup. Don't put off getting tickets for it they will be gone fast. Tickets for the 2010 Round-Up can be purchased beginning July 31 by calling (800) 457-6336. They will also be available at www.ticketmaster.com in June of 2010. Will you be flying into Portland? If so with a food stop it should only take 4 hrs on 84. Even taking the scenic old hwy you should make it without doing any hotel.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
2,506 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accommodation during Pendleton Round-up

I hope you can find a place in Pendleton- if not you'll have to find something in one of the other towns-that arent that near-but definetly drivable. Near 84 your only options would be Hermiston/Stanfield area.

I like the RiverHouse-but that is in Boardman-farther west and not much is really there except the river.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
2,506 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accommodation during Pendleton Round-up

and as far as east on 84 theres not much until LaGrande, but I dont think I would want to drive over the mountains after along day at the rodeo :)

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
2,506 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Accommodation during Pendleton Round-up

sorry for the millions of messages- correct my other post the Hotel is called The RiverLodge in Boardman

Green Valley...
Level Contributor
18,008 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Accommodation during Pendleton Round-up

If nothing else available, La Grande is about an hour from Pendleton, on a beautiful drive. But, I agree, after a long day, unsure you want to spend an hour driving.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Accommodation during Pendleton Round-up

Does anyone know how I find out about the campsites available? I understand the High School lets people camp in the baseball field, but I can't find where I contact someone to reserve a spot...

Thundersley
Level Contributor
35 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Accommodation during Pendleton Round-up

Thank you for all of your replies. We are booked in to a place in Walla Walla, and looking forward to our visit to the Pendleton Roundup!

God bless,

Dave

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Accommodation during Pendleton Round-up

tncarey,

I know Cycle Oregon has reserved the high school athletic fields for the nights of the 16th & 17th, but doubt that anyone would hassle you if you pitched a tent somewhere on the perimeter of "tent city". Good luck!

Get answers to your questions about Pendleton