We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pendleton Roundup - Best Place to View?

Halifax, England
Level Contributor
250 posts
67 reviews
Pendleton Roundup - Best Place to View?

We have just booked some accommodation near Pendleton for Roundup week and now want to buy some tickets for the Roundup - where is the best place to sit for a good view? My husband is a keen photographer. Most of the seats near the front have gone now so it's a matter of positioning to see the best of the action but we're not really rodeo regulars, coming from England!

Thanks for your help.

Mandy

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
3,568 posts
49 reviews
1. Re: Pendleton Roundup - Best Place to View?

Best seats I think are just above the bucking chutes, which I believe are on the north side of the arena. If you can't get those, I might instead try for seats directly across from the chutes, lowest row available. Your husband will want a telephoto lens.

Make time to visit the Let 'er Buck Room, under the grandstands on the south side. The party there is an event unto itself. Great fun!

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
2,782 posts
17 reviews
2. Re: Pendleton Roundup - Best Place to View?

The seating choices depend on what you want to see. I went last year and it was a total blast. We sat on the south side- or opposite side of the chutes. I thought they were pretty good. Another thing to think about is the sun- I believe all the grand stands are covered except for the eastern end. Also the western end is ok too because that is where the barrel racers and calf roping teams come out of their 'chutes' as well. The north side are the bucking event chutes. Make sure you go to some of the side events too- including the Happy Canyon Pageant with optional Goldies Bar and the Westward Ho parade. I went to both of these and it was just adds to the Rodeo experience. The Indian market/vendors have some pretty incredible beading and craft/artwork- much better than I;ve seen at other venues. Also if you have time check out the Pendleton Woolen Mills on the east side of town-not only is it the actual mill, but they sell their 'seconds' blankets at this location only so you can get a pretty good deal on their iconic Native American style blankets if you have room in your suitcase!

Halifax, England
Level Contributor
250 posts
67 reviews
3. Re: Pendleton Roundup - Best Place to View?

Thanks for your help, I'll see what's left!

4. Re: Pendleton Roundup - Best Place to View?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2018, 02:18
Get answers to your questions about Pendleton
Recent Conversations