We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A Reliable Cab?

Which Portland hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manzanita, Oregon
Level Contributor
775 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
A Reliable Cab?

Need to take a 6:00 am cab from a friends house in NE Portland to the Airport on a weekday. What cab company do you recommend? Thanks.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Portland
Level Contributor
5,597 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A Reliable Cab?

Radio Cab has been reliable for me. Number is 503.227.1212.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Portland
Level Contributor
1,566 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A Reliable Cab?

We live in NE Portland and have had to go the airport as early as 4:30 am for flights.

We've used Green Cab every time ((503) 234-1414). It never hurts to call the night before to schedule one but we've called several times asking for a cab "ASAP", never more than a 15 minute wait...

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
17,826 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A Reliable Cab?

Our building has a concierge and they always called Radio Cab. We never had a problem, they were always on time. But the treat was when we had to fly to LA for the day, the cab driver came back to the airport when we told him we were arriving and took us home too.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: A Reliable Cab?

Scarlett, I thought about you the other day when I read in the paper that the building you lived in here is being sold. See...... you leave town, and the whole neighborhood falls apart. ;-)

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
17,826 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A Reliable Cab?

What ?? I was just emailing with the people in management and they did not mention it.

Wonder who is buying, yeah, they said they all missed me, I did not realize I made That much diffence !! lol

The people that own/owned the Louisa are putting up buildings all over town, the new one across from the Everett St Bistro as well as the space over Jakes..thanks for the info, wait til I tell my husband :)

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
17,826 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: A Reliable Cab?

<<Portland's Gerding Edlen Development Co. is putting most of the Brewery Blocks up for sale.

The three blocks included in the sale are Block 1, which houses a Whole Foods store;

Block 4, known as M Financial Plaza, which houses the financial services firm of the same name, the Art Institute of Portland and P.F. Chang's restaurant;

and Block 5, which includes The Louisa apartments, and retail tenants West Elm and The North Face.>>

misteltoe, I wonder if this is a sign that things are going well or not so well. They were supposed to hold the Blocks for 10 years, I think and this will be one of the most huge real estate sales in town..wondering why :)

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: A Reliable Cab?

I don't think it's a bad sign, Scarlett. I know the Edlen of Gerding & Edlen, and my guess is he just wants to move on to the next deal. He's not excited about the probablility of the "couplet" (turning Burnside and Couch into oneway streets); that could be entering into the thinking too. It's all about timing.... But they sure have done a nice job in that area.

Whatever, no worries for you, right!!! Hope things are going well.

8. Re: A Reliable Cab?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2009, 20:19