We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Does anyone know of any 16+ clubs?

Which Portland hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
utah
1 post
Save Topic
Does anyone know of any 16+ clubs?

My sister and I are taking my graduation trip and I am 18 but she is 17. We really want to go to some clubs and i really can't leave my sister alone in a hotel room in a strange city. Anyone that can help me out I would be grateful.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Portland
Level Contributor
5,597 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Does anyone know of any 16+ clubs?

I know of none worth going to. Neither of you are of drinking age. There may be some outdoor concerts during your stay thaat would work for your age category.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
129 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Does anyone know of any 16+ clubs?

Try the Quest night club downtown. I remember going there about 15 years ago! It's been around for a while now. Every time I drive by at night, it looks like it's still a happening place. Here's some info I pulled from the web:

The Quest

126 SW Second Avenue

Portland, OR 97205

503-497-9113

A dance club for the under-21 crowd, this warehouse is furnished in a retro-diner look and the music is loud, with modern-dance sounds rounded out by Big 80s nights and rock samplings. There are two dance floors and video games, and something flashy or catchy is always being added or tested to keep them coming back. The only thing not on hand is alcohol. All-age concerts pop up on the schedule from time to time.

(From Digital City & JK)

Bar/Club

Hip-hop/rap/funk, House/techno, Live music

Also, if you are more into the indie-rock sceen, there is the Loveland on 2nd as well.

USA
Level Contributor
717 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Does anyone know of any 16+ clubs?

Hi - you didn't say the dates of your trip, and it's probably already come and gone (school is back in session here) but I was thinking of you today when I was looking at the latest issue of Willamette Week. The cover story was about how Oregon liquor control regulations make it hard for clubs to give all-age access to live music, but it also had a couple of ideas, specifically the rock club Satyricon, the Crystal Ballroom and Wonder Ballroom. It also mentioned the popularity of the free "house show" scene, in which people find concerts through word of mouth or social networking sites such as MySpace. You can find the story at their website. It's probably too late for you, but maybe somebody else will read your post and benefit.

4. Re: Does anyone know of any 16+ clubs?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2009, 13:17