We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Portland's Bed and Breakfast

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
18 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Portland's Bed and Breakfast

I would like to stay at a bed and breakfast in Portland and would like to know where there might be some good ones for someone on a budget?

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Portland
Level Contributor
1,592 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Portland's Bed and Breakfast

There are several in NE Portland's Irvington Area, near Lloyd Center & just north of Broadway. One I can recommend from first-hand experience is The Georgian House, where my wife & I stayed during our visit prior to moving to Portland (in 1999). Rooms range from $80 up, according to the website. We had a very nice stay, the innkeeper (Willie) was quite friendly and helped us with all our plans. Breakfasts were also very good.

The Blue Plum is a new one that is ranked #3 on TA's B&B Portland rankings - sounds very nice. Prices are slightly higher. I know where it is and have driven past frequently but don't know anything about it.

A couple other moderately priced ones are also in the neighborhood, including Portland Guest House and Knott St. Inn; the reviews are minimal here, however.

This Irvington neighborhood is filled with historic homes and is located about 15 minutes from PDX, about 5 minutes from downtown and close to freeways (both I-5 & I-84).

Brian

USA
Level Contributor
717 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Portland's Bed and Breakfast

Would you be interested in staying near Portland, rather than in it?

I haven't stayed at either of these places, but they look very, very nice, and I thought getting out of town might save a bit of money.

This first place is in Troutdale, which is to the east of Portland - about a 20 minute drive on Interstate 84. It's on the on the edge of the Columbia River Gorge. It is between Portland and Multnomah Falls, a very popular and beautiful place to go. Rates start at $95 for their smallest room: Cedarplace Inn B&B

2611 S Troutdale Road | 503-491-1900

http://www.cedarplcinn.com/index.html

This other place is in Sandy, which is southeast of Portland, about 30-40 minutes on Hwy. 26 on the way to Mount Hood. Rates here are higher, $125 with a two-night minimum, but it looks like a really fantastic secluded log cabin on the Sandy River, that you would have all to yourself, with a lovely hot tub and fireplace. After looking at the pictures, I want to stay here.

Hidden Woods B & B

Connie Scott

Address:

19360 Summertime DR

Sandy, OR 97055

Phone:

(503) 622-5754

http://www.thehiddenwoods.com

I hope this helps...

Pacific City, Oregon
Level Contributor
14 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Portland's Bed and Breakfast

I've stayed at both the Blue Plum Inn and The Hidden Woods. They would be like comparing apples and oranges. The Hidden Woods is quite a ways from downtown Portland but it is wonderful. I took my husband there a few years ago for his birthday. You get your very own log cabin and then breakfast is served at your choice of time by Connie who lives in the big log cabin house on the same property. I can't believe that the rates are so low! From your cabin you can walk down the river. An amazing rural experience

If you want to be more in town, the Blue Plum Inn is a lovely bed and breakfast. I stayed there a couple of months ago. Suzanne & Jonathan are gracious hosts. I stayed in their smallest room...I believe it was called the Iris room and the place is spotlessly clean and tastefully decorated. The breakfasts are delightful and Suzanne uses fresh local ingredients.

4. Re: Portland's Bed and Breakfast

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2009, 09:20