We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

concert at rose quarter-place to stay

Tacoma, Washington
Level Contributor
639 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
concert at rose quarter-place to stay

driving in from out of state for a concert at rose quarter.looking for suggestions on a place to stay for one night.looking at some of the reviews it appears the hotels and area close to the arena are 'scarry"? i need advice from locals if this is just from negative people.can you stay in a different part of town, but travel to the arena during a concert without getting stuck in major traffic?

appreciate any help/suggestions. thanks

USA
Level Contributor
717 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: concert at rose quarter-place to stay

The short answer is that the Rose Garden (I guess I'm assuming the concert is at the Rose Garden itself?) is on the MAX line, so it is very easy to stay downtown or near the airport and get in and out without any car traffic problems just by taking the MAX (which can get pretty crowded itself during big events). I believe the Embassy Suites at the airport is a fine hotel and located on the MAX line.

In my impression, the area in the Rose Quarter isn't so much scary as sort of uninhabited at night. They keep trying to change that and bring life to the area. The hotels that friends have stayed at around there just seem dated and tired, but not unbearable.They wouldn't be my choice for a good holiday break, though.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
233 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: concert at rose quarter-place to stay

If you want to avoid paying for Parking at a Downtown hotel, may I suggest Residence Inn Portland Downtown/Lloyd Center ( see hotels this site) or go to: marriott.com/hotels/travel/pdxlc-residence-i…

it has free parking. It is on the east side of town, right off the highway and very nice. Close to max stop that is 3 quick stops to the Rose Garden and in fareless square ( you won't have to pay to ride the train to the Rose garden) Or you can walk to Rose Garden ( about 15-20mins) Lloyd Center is not as "scary" as it use to be.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,980 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: concert at rose quarter-place to stay

I agree with the Residence Inn suggestion. There is also a Red Lion across the street from the Convention Center (on the MAX line) about 5 or 6 blocks from the Rose Garden. There is also a Courtyard by Marriott on Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd, again, about 5-8 blocks from the Rose Garden (Quarter).

There is also a hotel, and my mind has gone completely blank on the name right across from Lloyd Center...used to be a Red Lions. Oh what, oh what is the name of the place?? Argh!

USA
Level Contributor
717 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: concert at rose quarter-place to stay

Are you thinking of that Doubletree maybe?

Tacoma, Washington
Level Contributor
639 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: concert at rose quarter-place to stay

thanks for everyones suggestions.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,980 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: concert at rose quarter-place to stay

Ah, yes, Cattrav, that's it...the Doubletree. For the life of me, I was not going to come up with that name :)

7. Re: concert at rose quarter-place to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2009, 10:17