We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Embassy Suites Downtown or Hotel Lucia?

NJ
Level Contributor
49 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Embassy Suites Downtown or Hotel Lucia?

I can't decide which one! They both have good reviews. Obviously, on TA, Embassy Suites is more popular, but the Hotel Lucia looks like a really cool place to stay. Any advice?

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
18,005 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Embassy Suites Downtown or Hotel Lucia?

I would have no problem choosing the Lucia over the Embassy Suites. It is smack dab in the middle of downtown, convenient to everything and it is a beautiful little hotel..with Typhoon on Broadway, a very good Thai restaurant, downstairs :)

I vote the Lucia :)

* not that there is anything wrong with the Embassy Suites, the Lucia is just so much nicer :)

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,986 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Embassy Suites Downtown or Hotel Lucia?

I have to say, I have no preference...but this thread brought up a memory.

The Embassy Suites location used to be a government building (in the late 70's.)

I was in college and my father and I went there to have our taxes done...yes the IRS used to actually perform this task.

Well, the lobby of the building had this HUGE myrtlewood table in the center. My fathers brother owned a myrtlewood shop. Well, I had to know, so on the floor I went, crawling underneath to see what I could see. Sho 'nough, his sticker was on the underbelly.

I have no clue where that table is today.....I hope it has a great home. It would have to be a commercial building as it was, probably, 4-5 feet wide.

Seattle
Level Contributor
4,398 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Embassy Suites Downtown or Hotel Lucia?

Are you ok with a small room? If so, then I'd pick the Lucia--much better location, IMO and yes, it's a cool place ;-).

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,021 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Embassy Suites Downtown or Hotel Lucia?

I haven't stayed at the Lucia since it was called the Imperial, but have heard that the rooms are smallish. I've stayed at Embassy Suites a couple of times and loved it. The rooms are, well, suites.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Portland
Level Contributor
5,597 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Embassy Suites Downtown or Hotel Lucia?

I like the Embassy Suites. Elegant rooms, good location and great value with breakfast included.

6. Re: Embassy Suites Downtown or Hotel Lucia?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2009, 05:23