We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Portland airport hotel on the light rail

Which Portland hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Asheville, North...
9 posts
Save Topic
Portland airport hotel on the light rail

We are dropping off a rental car on Friday after touring around for a week and have 6am Sunday flight.

Don't really want to pay downtown prices for a hotel for me and my 14 yo. Thought maybe we could find an accessible airport hotel within a 5-10 min walk from the light rail into the city.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,965 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Portland airport hotel on the light rail

The Sheraton, the Hampton Inn, Embassy Suites are all right across from the Airport Light Rail

Further down the road are Shilo Suites and Courtyard by Marriott....although that would be about a mile hike. You could take their shuttle to the airport terminal and pick up light rail there. :-)

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,021 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Portland airport hotel on the light rail

The Quality Inn and Suites is .2 miles from the Parkrose MAX stop:

# 6:30 p.m. Get off at Parkrose/Sumner TC MAX Station

# Walk 0.2 mile east to 9727 NE Sandy Blvd

It's about $65/night.

If it were me, I'd use priceline and get a 3* downtown for about that same price. But if you're set on a PDX hotel, you could do a lot worse than the Quality Inn.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,021 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Portland airport hotel on the light rail

I think that if you stay at Embassy Suites you'll want to get off at the Mt. Hood station. But that's .9 miles away and I can't find a rate better than $150. The Sheraton would be just over a one mile walk. At least, that's what I've come up with at www.trimet.org. Not sure where the Hampton is.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,965 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Portland airport hotel on the light rail

The Hampton is across the parking lot from the Sheraton. Both of these hotels would have a shuttle to the terminal Max station.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,021 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Portland airport hotel on the light rail

You're right. Wasn't thinking about shuttles.

6. Re: Portland airport hotel on the light rail

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2009, 03:18