We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thanks, Tyr52!

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
193 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Thanks, Tyr52!

Thank you for your suggestion on the Old Wheeler Inn. I booked a room there and it looks perfect for us. Great location, great reviews and great price!!

Thanks!!

Manzanita, Oregon
Level Contributor
775 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thanks, Tyr52!

Your welcome tas and hope it meets all your expectations. We just returned Sunday from 2 weeks in the midwest, luckily we missed the T-storms, flooding and tornados. In Chicago we went on a river architectural cruise about tall buildings, to the Fields museum, Art Institute and a wonderful Cubs baseball game at Wrigley Field. Also drove to Springfield and visited the Lincoln Museum and a Frank Lloyd Wright house,the Dana-Thomas house. Are you familar with Shaw's Crab House dopwntown, had a great meal there and saw a good blues band, Mississippi Heat.

Level Contributor
35,943 posts
904 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thanks, Tyr52!

Wheeler is a beautiful place to spend time, we also thought the Old Wheeler Inn looked cool, please post a review upon your return and have a great time on the Oregon Coast! :)

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
193 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thanks, Tyr52!

syrah - yes, I will post a review. I am so excited! :) It really does look cute and the reviews are fantastic.

Tyr52 - Sounds like you had a great time in Chicago and were able to get a lot in. As for Shaw's - it's one of those places my husband has always wanted to try, but we've never had the chance. We tried one time but the wait was something insane. Maybe for his birthday I should surprise him and try to make reservations!

4. Re: Thanks, Tyr52!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2009, 07:18