We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bachelor party?

seattle
Level Contributor
129 posts
Save Topic
Bachelor party?

I almost feel like a creep posting this but I need an answer. Sorry to the ladies in the forum, but I need to know where the highest concentration of "strip" clubs are. As in what street or neighborhood. Im trying to plan my brothers bachelor party on Saturday night and I want to have dinner at a sports bar or pub then WALK to some bars and strip clubs. Any help would be great. I know I am a sexist pig, but it IS a Bach party.LOL!!!!!!!!!

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,021 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bachelor party?

NOT that I should know this or anything, but I figure you have 2-3 choices. First choice would be, of course, Mary's downtown on Broadway and Ankeny followed by Magic Gardens on NW 3rd and Davis. They're both Portland institutions and just a short distance from each other. Unfortunately, Mary's on a Saturday is extremely busy, and you'll spend most of your time trying to order drinks.

Second choice would be a combination of Hawthorne Strip on SE 7th and Hawthorne and Sassy's on SE 10th and Morrison. Hawthorne Strip has non-traditional dancers that you might find working as a barista on most days--mostly normal Portland girls which is pretty cool. Sassy's is more of your standard (but large) strip club--pee trough and everything.

Finally, you could pull the hat trick of Safari, Tommy's, and Cocktails N' Dreams. They're all on SE Powell between 30th and 36th. Safari is owned by the same people that run Stars, so there are always special guests and the whole production that goes along with a first-tier club. Tommy's is more of a hole-in-the-wall with some interesting clientele. Cocktails N' Dreams is a full-scale Broadway production one night, and can seem like it's a sketchy crime syndicate the next.

Most other options are out in the 'burbs or transitional neighborhoods. I wouldn't recommend going to any of the places on 82nd or 122nd--but I've never been to any of the ones in N or NE Portland so perhaps they're just fine. But let's put it this way: The Dancing Bare never makes it on the local 5 o'clock news because of donating money to libraries.

There used to be a vegan pirate-themed strip club in NW, but they have apparently gone out of business.

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
18,000 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bachelor party?

Hello, you lil ole sexist pig, you ! :O)

No apologies necessary, this was interesting, one never knows when one will be in need of the same sort of "itinerary"...or even better, someone else will ask you for this info and You will have the answers!!

<<There used to be a vegan pirate-themed strip club in NW, but they have apparently gone out of business.>>

I wonder why ~

Oregon
Level Contributor
29 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bachelor party?

I would say SE has the highest concentration of strip clubs. Check out Portland's Citysearch page and search for strip clubs and it should provide a pretty good list for you.

Bend, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Bend
Level Contributor
1,631 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bachelor party?

Err... Boom Boom Room, anyone? (Yes, it's a real place.)

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,021 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bachelor party?

I like how the Boom Boom Room was a gay bar up until about 3 months ago. I wonder what kind of remodel that place had to go through.

6. Re: Bachelor party?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2009, 17:17