We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pasta Restaurant

North Vancouver
Level Contributor
1 post
15 reviews
Save Topic
Pasta Restaurant

Running the Portland Marathon next weekend and prefer finding nice Italian place rather than the 'institutional' carbo loads. Any suggestions in downtown area (staying at Hilton)

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
18,000 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pasta Restaurant

Piazza Italia

www.piazzaportland.com

Mama Mia

www.mamamiatrattoria.com

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
296 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Pasta Restaurant

My vote is for Iorio (SE 9th & Hawthorne).

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,021 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pasta Restaurant

Ditto on Iorio. Or Castagna on 18th and Hawthorne. Neither are downtown but you could easily jog to either since I can read the Hilton sign from my apartment on 16th and Hawthorne.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Portland
Level Contributor
5,597 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pasta Restaurant

My favorite pasta is served at a place called Justa Pasta on NW 19th at about Overton. You could walk or take the streetcar to the NW Northrup at 19th stop. This place isn't fancy to look at but the food is incredible from pasta to the spinach salad. Nice wine list as well.

Have fun and welcome to Portland.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Pasta Restaurant

I agree that Piazza Italia would be fun; good home-styled pasta dishes served in a small, lively room... soccer on the TV, and italian chatter coming from the kitchen.

But, I think the pasta is better at Caffe Mingo, a few blocks off the streetcar line on NW 21st. Great food, and a funky Portland kind of vibe.

Good luck in the race.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
78 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pasta Restaurant

I vote for Cafe Mingo too! Love, love, love their food. I also like Mama Mia Trattoria on 2nd. It's very easy to get to if you're staying downtown. The portions are always a good size.

My best friend is running too, I'll be at mile 17 with a sign. Good luck to you!

7. Re: Pasta Restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2009, 02:21