We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

portland restaurants

Which Portland hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
minnesota
Level Contributor
161 posts
1 review
Save Topic
portland restaurants

We will be there in a week or so...I've checked out previous suggestions and am considering those...also wondering about a Cuban restaurant called Pambiche (sp?).I'm looking for great food, relaxed environment, not stuffy at all, just fun place to go for parents and young adult visiting city.Thanks.

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: portland restaurants

try Yelp.com .. you can search by type of food and see ratings and reviews from previous patrons.

if you'd like a list, feel free to post a thread on their site. it's all about food there so they can help you out more specifically also in terms of neighborhoods and atmosphere.

hope you enjoy your time in Portland!

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Portland
Level Contributor
5,597 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: portland restaurants

Pambiche is a great spot with good food. Seating area is very small. Not sure if they take reservations but check with them.

What is the price range you are looking for?

minnesota
Level Contributor
161 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: portland restaurants

Price isn't a huge concern, just really want good food and atmosphere....ethnic restaurants would be great.

If there are some good restaurants with music that would be fun too....just looking for a good time with great food.

We are staying at Monaco...we have tried Pok Pok (sp?) before and he liked that a lot. Anything fun and a little big different.......

Level Contributor
34,748 posts
895 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: portland restaurants

Check out Andina, a Peruvian restaurant in the Pearl District, we had a very nice dinner there a few weeks ago. The Portland City Grill has a nice vibe to it and the views are gorgeous of Portland from the dining room, they have some wonderful Sushi here. Enjoy your time in Portland! :)

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: portland restaurants

You may have already "checked out" Le Pigeon, but I think it's an almost perfect fit for you. Some of the best food in town, in a casual atmosphere that appeals to young and ummm..... not so young. Two others that would also fit the bill: Toro Bravo, and Alberta Street Oyster Bar & Grill. The one drawback to Toro Bravo is that it doesn't take reservations.

USA
Level Contributor
717 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: portland restaurants

Pambiche. Definitely.

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
17,877 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: portland restaurants

I have never heard anything bad about Pambiche!

Staying in the Latin theme, there is always Oba, on NW12th..

www.obarestaurant.com

minnesota
Level Contributor
161 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: portland restaurants

I looked at Oba's menu and it looks really good. Just the kind of food he likes. Right now I'm thinking Oba for Thursday night--maybe go to the Thursday night Art Crawl in the Pearl District before hand---would that be a good idea??

Friday night--maybe Pambiche...perhaps the Laurel Hurst Theatre too...there is an October special there that night...Night of the Hunter....what do you think?

Other ideas...any great music nearby?

Also, is the Saturday market the same thing as the market near the bridge that I've been to before?

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
55 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: portland restaurants

If your group likes more of an adventure I would definitely try Andina rather than Oba. The food is much more interesting and unique - not something you get can at a fast food restaurant by any stretch.

Search restaurants in Portland for lots of great insight.

A slice of pizza at Hotlips is always a great idea. 10th and Johnson in the Ecotrust building.

For seafood and Sushi you might try Bay 13. That has a kind of interesting vibe and some good people watching.

minnesota
Level Contributor
161 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: portland restaurants

Checked Bay 13 out---sounds pretty good too!

So you don't recommend Obe? I thought that menu looked like fun too.