We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in February?? How bad is it?

Annapolis, Maryland
Level Contributor
646 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in February?? How bad is it?

I know what weather.com says--but am asking for a local's advise rather than statistics. We like to walk around to shops, restaurants, neighborhoods.

Will it be too rainy to enjoy this?

Thank you

Eugene, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Eugene, Springfield
Level Contributor
8,336 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in February?? How bad is it?

You're planning to visit NEXT February? Or did you type the wrong month?

February can be wet...more than wet, it can be frigid. Everything from freezing fog to ice storms and blizzards.

Or it could be nice, if you're lucky.

We just bundle up with layers and get on with life.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,949 posts
1,048 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in February?? How bad is it?

Er, how much rain do you consider to be "too rainy"?

Honestly, practically any other month will have better weather. Well, except for January and December.

But if you have an umbrella and longjohns, you'll be fine. Oh, and a down jacket ;-)

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,021 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in February?? How bad is it?

2009 was the first year in recent memory that we didn't have a nice 60-degree week of sun in February. Maybe we did during the week I was at the coast, I don't know.

Florence, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Oregon Coast
Level Contributor
6,047 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in February?? How bad is it?

I've seen everything from temps in the 80's to right around zero with 9" of snow in Feb, and I'm talking on the beaches!!. The only thing ANYONE knows for sure is that you cannot predict the weather.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,986 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in February?? How bad is it?

As the others have said, February can been cool and/or rainy....or it can be warm and sunny. It's a bit of a crap-shoot.

The weather here is normally very mild. This past December was very unusual (although I LOVED it!) with the snow.

6. Re: Weather in February?? How bad is it?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2009, 20:24