We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants in Mt. Hood and Seaside areas

Which Portland hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
MA
Level Contributor
133 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants in Mt. Hood and Seaside areas

Hi,

Can someone recommend good places for dinner in the Mt. Hood area? Also, possible lunch places on the coast, by Seaside and Cannon beach?

We're pretty casual, so something low key, but good and not too expensive would be great.

Thank you!

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
10,857 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants in Mt. Hood and Seaside areas

In Government Camp, the Huckleberry Inn is a dive, but great, lol! That is the place we always stop for a meal. The Mt. Hood Brew Pub is good two and is right there in GC. Timberline Lodge is another option and there are several places within there to get a meal. I personally like the Cascade Dining room at lunch as it is casual and sitting by a window with a view of the mountain is pretty darn good:)

I don't do Seaside, but instead prefer Cannon Beach. Mo's is a sort of institution there, although not as good as it used to be. It has nice views of Haystack Rock, is extremely casual, and reasonably priced. Ecola Seafood Market is also a restaurant and makes some pretty good food. No views here, but you can take it to go or buy stuff for a picnic and take that. The Local Grill and Scoop is reasonable and decent, some things better than others. Fish and chips, chowder, sandwiches and burgers are the best bets. They do have outdoor seating on the deck which is nice when the weather is good. Pizza a Feta is good, and you can do take away.

Oregon
Level Contributor
1,437 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants in Mt. Hood and Seaside areas

Usually, we stop in Sandy on the way back down the mountain. Double Dragon has incredible Chinese food, and is one of our favorite places to eat. Wall Street Pizza is always quite good. We also always get a pretty good meal at The Tollgate (comfort type food), and the bakery next door is worth a stop.

I can't remember the last time I was in Cannon Beach or Seaside, so can't be of much help there.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants in Mt. Hood and Seaside areas

There are no lunch spots in Cannon Beach that aren't shorts-and-flip-flops casual, so no worries there. To those Mtngrl recommended, I'd add Wayfarer. It's more expensive, but the only place besides Mo's with any kind of a beach/ocean view.

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
10,857 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants in Mt. Hood and Seaside areas

Mistletoe--I debated about mentioning the Wayfarer too because of price, but you are right...and it isn't that much more:)

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,965 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants in Mt. Hood and Seaside areas

For Cannon Beach...I would add Doogers and Morris Fireside.

In Seaside, Doogers.

I have not stopped in the Mt. Hood area for lunch in a long time, so I have zero input there.

Olympia, Washington
Level Contributor
238 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants in Mt. Hood and Seaside areas

We only spend one week a year in Cannon Beach, but eat we do :) The only thing we really enjoy at Mo's is the view and clam chowder. We like Doogers either in Seaside and Cannon Beach and usually order seafood. Bill's Tavern in CB has good hamburgers. Have eaten several dinners at Lumbermens, but never lunch. It has always been good. If I only had one meal to eat at the beach, I would definitely pick a restaurant with a view...Wayfarer, for example. We have gotten a lunch to go at the fish market (sorry, the name has slipped away for the moment) and taken it to the beach. I really think that is one of my favorite things to do. I always like a good picnic, especially if I don't have to cook it. We are also very casual and have never felt uncomfortable in any of the eating establishments.

McMinnville, Oregon
Level Contributor
112 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants in Mt. Hood and Seaside areas

For Seaside I don't think you should miss camp 18 on hwy 26. Its a huge log cabin with old logging equipment placed around the parking lot. Huge portions and excellent food. Located 18 miles east of Seaside at mile post 18, hence the name.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,965 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurants in Mt. Hood and Seaside areas

<<For Seaside I don't think you should miss camp 18 on hwy 26.>>

Just to repeat, Camp 18 is 18 miles away. Great for a visit, but not in Cannon Beach nor Seaside for a quick lunch.

Level Contributor
34,703 posts
891 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurants in Mt. Hood and Seaside areas

Hi there! We have several favorites here in Seaside where I am. For Italian, I would go with Taste of Tuscany. Norma's is a nice casual venue with good seafood. Bigfoot Pub & Grub is great, very casual, we are weekly regulars there for rib night on Sunday nights. They have great bruschetta, also. This past Sun. night we enjoyed the Salmon and the Cheese bread there. Riverside BBQ is also very cool with views of the Necanicum River, yummy pulled pork sammies here.

In Cannon Beach, go to Pizza a Feta, we ate there a couple of weeks ago, they make a great Crab and Cheese pizza. Mo's is also good in Cannon Beach, you will have views there of Haystack Rock. Enjoy your time at the coast, it was beautiful here today! :)

Level Contributor
34,703 posts
891 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurants in Mt. Hood and Seaside areas

One more thought is Guadalajara Taco Shop, it is located right across the street from Rivertide Suites, The Stand is also very good for Mexican food. Goose Hollow Cafe down by Ave U is another casual venue, they make some awesome Clam Chowder and great Reuben sandwiches. There is an outdoor patio here, also. Hope this helps! :)